ESOL Grammar 3
ESOL 0393 / ENGLC 3000801 ESOL Grammar III
Course Description: This course continues to develop the existing knowledge of grammatical structures and helps students to acquire new ones. Emphasis is placed on the complex verb tenses, passive voice, and compound sentences. This course will help students apply grammatical accuracy to their writing and speaking. Prerequisite ESOL 0392 or placement by exam.
Learning Outcomes Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Discriminate between the uses of simple present, present progressive, present perfect progressive, present perfect and simple past verb tenses.
2. Use basic infinitives and gerunds.
3. Use present and past participles.
4. Identify and use verbs in the passive voice.
5. Form sentences with simple time and conditional clauses.
6. Identify and write compound and simple complex sentences.
7. Identify and use selected phrasal verbs.
8. Form tag questions