|Annex O: Human Services|
ANNEX O: HUMAN SERVICES
The purpose of this annex is to make provisions for providing human services support to LSCS employees, students, guests or other occupants who may require assistance food, clothing, mental health services, in the aftermath of an LSCS emergency. The services described in this annex may be needed in the aftermath of incidents of limited scale as well as major emergencies and disasters affecting the LSCS community.
CONCEPT OF OPERATIONS
A Human Resource Manager or Dean of Student Services will be appointed to coordinate with local human services organizations and help organized volunteer disaster assistance organizations to ensure basic human services are provided in the aftermath of an emergency. Human services will be provided through the coordinated efforts of local human services professionals, human service agencies, local volunteer groups, the American Red Cross (ARC), The Salvation Army (TSA), and other non-governmental organizations.
• ARC/FEMA brochure: Food & Water in an Emergency, ARC-5055 & FEMA L-210.
• ARC Fact Sheet: Water Storage Before Disaster Strikes.
• ARC Fact Sheet: Water Treatment After Disaster Strikes.
• FEMA brochure, Emergency Food & Water Supplies, FEMA-215.
• DADS, “Disaster Mental Health Reference Bibliography” at the Disaster Assistance Program website: www.mhmr.state.tx.us/CentralOffice/MedicalDirector/daphomepage.html.
• TX CISM Network website: www.dshs.state.tx.us/hcqs/ems/epcism.htm. This site provides information on CISM Teams, classes, and critical incident stress.
• Texas American Red Cross website: http://www.redcrosstexas.org/. This site provides information on the service areas for the Texas ARC chapters and addresses and phone numbers for those chapters.
• Annex C (Shelter & Mass Care) to the State of Texas Emergency Management Plan
• Annex V (Food & Water) to the State of Texas Emergency Management Plan
• The LSCS Basic Plan