Annex R: Search & Rescue
The purpose of this annex is to outline operational concepts and organizational arrangements for search and rescue (SAR) operations during emergency situations at a LSCS facility. The local Fire Department has the primary responsibility of providing SAR. These resources are assisted by LSCS Police, Facilities, Student Services, Human Resources, and the Vice Presidents of Administrative Services as needed. This annex is applicable to all LSCS departments and personnel, partner agencies and organizations with assigned SAR functional responsibilities. In addition to SAR, related responsibilities for firefighting, radiological response, and hazardous materials response are detailed in other Annexes.
Concept of Operations
The responsibilities of a SAR team will be extensive during some types of emergency situations. These responsibilities include the search for and extrication of victims during events such as structural collapse, hazmat accidents, flooding incidents, radiological incidents, and major fires or explosions.
- FEMA, Guide for All-Hazard Emergency Operations Planning (SLG-101).
- Annex R (Search and Rescue) to the State of Texas Emergency Management Plan.
- Annex V (Terrorist Incident Response) to the State of Texas Emergency Management Plan.
- Texas Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid Plan, May 1998.
- Annex D: Radiological Incidents, LSCS Basic Plan
- Annex F: Firefighting, LSCS Basic Plan
- Annex Q: Hazardous Materials, LSCS Basic Plan