In applying for this scholarship, I agree to the following conditions:
- My current GPA is 2.5 or better.
- If applying to receive a renewal of a partial scholarship, I will enroll and maintain a minimum of 6 hours of credit courses during the semester for which the scholarship is offered (7 for Forensics students).
- If applying to receive a renewal of a full scholarship, I will enroll and maintain a minimum of 12 hours of credit courses during the semester for which the scholarship is offered.
- I will register for and maintain enrollment in at least one non-departmental, 3-hour academic course from the basic core during each semester for which a scholarship is offered.
- If applying to receive a renewal of a full scholarship, I will register for and maintain enrollment in at least 1 departmental academic course each semester that I receive a scholarship. (Music students will also enroll in a private lesson.)
- I will be an active participant in the activity area (e.g., theater production, music performance ensembles, art club) for which the scholarship is offered, with my specific assignment remaining the province of the departmental faculty.
- I understand that all scholarships will be awarded based on the decision of the departmental faculty.
- I have not exceeded the four-semester limit on my scholarship funding.
- I will provide assistance at Special Fine Arts Events as requested by departmental faculty. Such events may include scholarship events, community events, college-hosted competitions, etc. Assistance may include ushering, ticket sales, set-up, clean-up, etc. I promise to arrive at the agreed upon time, stay until the agreed upon departure time, and to dress appropriately. The coordinator for these events is Angie Sparger, Events Coordinator. Ms. Spargur can be reached at 281.312.1709 and is located in MUS 110.
By typing your name in the box below (Electronic Signature), I certify that this form is my agreement that if I will abide by and fulfill the terms of this agreement. If I fail to do so, I understand that an academic hold will be placed on my grades until I have repaid the scholarship fund for the full amount of monies received or for amount in relation to the number of hours dropped below the amount of tuition I received.
Failure to meet these conditions while on scholarship will result in deferring eligibility for a scholarship for one semester. Failure to meet these conditions during the semester will result in having to repay a portion of my scholarship to Lone Star College – Kingwood business office. Meeting the conditions entitles the student to apply for a renewal of the scholarship for the following semester. Your electronic signature below certifies that you have fulfilled all of your obligations in the past semesters during which you were on scholarship, and that you fully intend to continue to meet these conditions.