| Student Life
| Clubs & Organizations
| LSC-Kingwood Clubs
| Student Government Association (SGA)
LSC-Kingwood SGA Officers 2012-2013
Rashod Moten, President
Prior to becoming President of the Student Government Association, Rashod graduated from Humble High School in 2005, where he played football and ran track. Among Rashod’s 6 years in the U.S. Navy following high school are service as a Ceremonial Guardsman, Hospital Corpsman, team leader for the Emergency Medicine Department, Training Coordinator for incoming corpsman, personal escort to dignitaries and special guests, and supervisor for a Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinic. In July of 2011, Rashod was honorably discharged from the Navy and returned to finish his education. Although he attends LSC-Kingwood, his ultimate goal is to complete a Bachelor of Science degree with a Political Science major at the University of Houston.
Wendy Thorp, Executive Vice President
Hometown: Galena Park, TX
- Why did you join this organization? I love LSC-Kingwood and want to help make it even better for our students.
- What are your goals for the semester? To help students register to vote and find their polling place.
- What are your goals for the organization? To listen and effectively respond to our students' needs.
- What are your career interests? To become a teacher and education advocate.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? I am an officer for TSTA-SP and I work on educations issues facing our state.
I am from the Houston area and have lived here all of my life. I have a deep phobia or escalators as well as a desire to help people.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." -Douglas Adams
Tyler Guerrero, Vice President of Records
Major: Marine Biology
Hometown: Arlington, TX
- Why did you join this organization? To be a part of something that can be a catalyst for change.
- What are your personal goals for the semester? Reaching out to students and getting them involved to make their college experience something to remember.
- What are your goals for the organization? To heighten sports involvement among campus.
- What are your career interests? I am the first to swim with the fishies, so marine biology would be me.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? I enjoy vintage gaming, tennis, swimming, photography and writing.
A few months until I turn 21, what a landmark! My free time consists of everything that would make me a dork. I'm gamer of all genres (my heart holds a special place for vintage gaming though), including anime and the typical cardgames that would nerdify me.
"We're here to help YOU! If you have any questions at all, feel free to stop by our office at any time." -Tyler Guerrero
Brittany Smith, Vice President of Finance
Major: Psychology/Human Biology
Hometown: Kingwood, TX
- Why did you join this organization? To get more involved in my college and meet new people.
- What are your personal goals for the semester? To work on my academic goals for the semester and get moe involved in student activities.
- What are your goals for the organization? To raise awareness of how much of our money is being taken away from childhood education.
- What are your career interests? Becoming a child psychologist and opening my own psychological clinic.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Antique shopping, book collecting, and playing magic.
I am Brittany, a full time magic player and all-around nerd. I'm employed at Victoria's Secret and am hoping to move to Seattle when I graduate. I was homeschooled during high school before attending Lone Star College-Kingwood.
"The Student Government Association has your best interest at heart, so if you ever have any questions or concerns, don't be shy - come see us!" -Brittany Smith
Nancy Gutierrez, Vice President of Public Relations
Major: Business Administration
Hometown: Houston, TX
- Why did you join this organization? To make a change for the LSC-Kingwood student body.
- What are your goals for the semester? To go above and beyond my academic potential.
- What are your goals for the organization? I want this organization to have more member and staff involvement.
- What are your career interests? I'm ambitious to work for a corporation dealing with either the fashion or oil industries.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? I enjoy exploring Downtown Houston on the weekends. I love hanging out with my SGA Officers.
I have lived in Houston, Texas for most of my life until a few years ago when I moved to Porter, Texas. I graduated from New Caney High School with the class of 2012. For the Fall of 2011 of my Freshman year, I attended Lone Star College-Kingwood and joined the Lone Star Leadership College. By the Spring of 2012, I became a Student Ambassador, Vice President of Public Relations for SGA, and part of the Coyote Crew.
"Don't procrastinate! You will lose sleep, trust me." -Nancy Gutierrez