Office of Emergency Management
| Environment, Health & Safety
Practice Safe Disposal
If you have unwanted hazardous products that you are unable to give to other LSCS departments, dispose of them responsibly.
- Frequent disposal will ensure that waste stored in labs is kept to at a minimal level.
- Once a waste container is full, it must be brought to the campus Facilities area or disposed of using departmental guidelines.
- Once an experiment or process is completed, all partially filled containers it must be brought to the campus Facilities area or disposed of using departmental guidelines.
- LSCS policy states that hazardous chemical waste can only be stored in a lab for up to 90 days.
- Contact the Facilities Department for other disposal options.