The LSCS campuses offer adult enrichment courses to serve our diverse adult student population. We provide classes and programs for personal enrichment that are educational and cultural.
Also offered are courses to improve workplace skills through non-certificate programs and economic development using the latest technology in an atmosphere that fosters continuous improvement and lifelong learning. LSCS offers course from Accounting to Zumba (mind, body and spirit fitness) and everything in between.
- When does Discovery College registration start? » Read More
• Registration begins March 5
- How Can I register my child for Discovery College Courses? » Read More
• View course schedules and course descriptions online
- • Fax registration and parent forms or walk-in to any Lone Star College Continuing Education office listed below
- • Payment is due at the time of registratio
- When does the CE semester start? » Read More
• CE courses begin and end throughout the semester
• Most do not last the entire semester
- When can I register for a CE course? » Read More
• Registration is ongoing
• Plan to register at least a week before the course start date
- How can I register for a CE course? » Read More
• Online, fax or walk-in
• Payment is due at the time of registration
- Why do some CE classes have a placement test requirement? » Read More
• Some CE classes are linked with credit classes and the same
- I already have a degree, why do I have to take the placement exam for some CE courses? » Read More
• In many cases, you don't: an official transcript from your college or university is all
we will need to have on file. However, students interested in the Alternative
Teacher Certification Program will have to take placement tests and provide
an official transcript of their degree as part of their application process.
- Can I get financial aid for CE courses? » Read More
• Yes, available on a needs-basis only
• Available for some Workforce Development programs. Students are
responsible for paying a percentage of each Workforce Development
course. Contact your Lone Star College for more information.
• Complete the FAFSA online
- How do I submit payment for a CE course? » Read More
• Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express),
check, or cash
• Payment is due at the time of registration
- What is the refund policy? » Read More
• No refund is provided after the class begins
• A 100% refund is provided if a "drop/add" form is completed and
submitted to the Continuing Education registration office before the
- What refund do I get if my class is cancelled? » Read More
• You can transfer your payment to another class or receive a 100%
refund that is processed automatically.
• Classes are normally cancelled 3 to 5 days prior to the start date;
we should notify you by phone or email
• Refunds may take up to 20 days to receive
- Do I need books for CE courses? » Read More
• Most CE courses require a textbook
• Go to http://www.efollet.com to find the title, ISBN title, cost and more.
- When do CE courses start? » Read More
• CE courses begin and end throughout the semester.
• Most do not last the entire semester.
- Can my teenager take CE classes? » Read More
• Our Youth (YTHS) courses are designed especially for younger
• CE classes are primarily designed to serve adult learners, age
18 and up
• Students 15 to 17 years old must have written parental permission
to enroll in CE courses (not Youth)
• Students 13 to 14 years old must have a parent enrolled in the CE
- Do I earn credit for CE courses? » Read More
• You earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which are different than traditional credit hours.
• 1 CEU = 10 contact hours
• Transcripts listing CEU credits satisfactorily completed are available
• CEUs are recognized internationally as a measure of substantive
professional education and training
- What is a Workforce Development Certificate? » Read More
• This is a grouping of related CE courses which provides a level of
technical and occupational skills acceptable by industry standards
• A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the program
- What are Linked Courses? » Read More
• Classes that have both CE and semester credit hour (SCH)
• CE students are required to meet the prerequisites stated in the
credit course description (see credit catalog).
• All course requirements must be met: attendance, assignments,
projects, and assessments
• CE students will receive an S for satisfactorily completing the course
or an N if the course requirements are not met
- If I take a credit-linked course now, can I get college credit (SCH) for it later if I change my mind and want to get a degree? » Read More
• Yes. Contact the campus CE Program Manager before you register
to verify your course can be articulated for credit.
- Will you help me find a job? » Read More
• Our Career Services can assist with job searches, resume building
and related requests
- Do you have a Sex Offender Policy? » Read More
• Effective September 1, 2003, the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure
62.03(h), requires each person who is required to register as a sex
offender and who intends to be employed, work with a contractor, or
attend classes at an institution of higher education, to register
with the campus police department within 7 days.
• Current Lone Star College System board policy requires that sex
offenders seeking to enroll at, provide services to, or be employed
with Lone Star College System, submit information pertinent to his
or her offenses to the District Review Committee to determine his or
her eligibility for enrollment, vendor services or employment.
• A person seeking to be a student shall be required to be approved
before completing the registration process
|Search & Register for Non-Credit CE Classes|
|Fall 2015 CTE & Corporate College Course Schedule Flipbook|
|Fall 2015 CTE & Corporate College Course Schedule|
|View Campus and |
CE Policies & Forms
|Discrimination Complaint Process|
|Student Complaint Form|