Classes and Meeting Times
Below you will find a brief overview of the classes one must complete to earn a Surgical Technologist Certification.
A total of 42 credit hours is required. For a more detailed look at the Course Numbers and credit counts, visit our System Catalog page.
- Medical Terminology
- Intro to Anatomy & Physiology
- Intro to Surgical Technology
- Clinical I - Surgical/Operating: One day per week (Mon OR Wed OR Fri) at student's pre-determined Clinical Site
- Fundamentals of Perioperative Concepts
- Surgical Procedures I
- Clinical II: Two days per week (Mon and Wed OR Wed and Fri) at Clinical Site
- Pharmacology for Health Professions
- Surgical Procedures II
- Clincal III: Three days per week, expanding to five (Mon, Wed, Fri; then Mon-Fri) at Clinical Site
- Professional Readiness