LSCS policy mandates the encryption of all employee laptops.
Lone Star College's Office of Technology Services (OTS) ensures that all LSCS-owned laptops are encrypted to protect data.
- Encryption protects sensitive data and ensures its confidentiality and integrity.
- Encryption software ensures that LSCS employees are in compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of stored and transmitted data.
- Meets government directives and regulations.
- Pre-boot password authentication ensures only authorized individuals have access to data
- Easy central deployment, administration, and management features
- Supports multiple users and administrators on individual machines
What to Expect?
- Cost is included with the purchase of all laptops that are assigned to LSCS employees.
- All LSCS employee laptops are required to be encrypted.
Inform the OTS Service Desk if laptop needs encryption, or if it has been lost or stolen.