LSCS policy mandates the encryption of all employee laptops.
Lone Star College's Office of Technology Services (OTS) ensures that all LSC-owned laptops are encrypted to protect data.
- Encryption protects sensitive data and ensures its confidentiality and integrity.
- Encryption software ensures that LSC employees are in compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of stored and transmitted data.
- Meets government directives and regulations.
- Pre-boot password authentication ensures only authorized individuals have access to data
- Easy central deployment, administration, and management features
- Supports multiple users and administrators on individual machines
What to Expect?
- Cost is included with the purchase of all laptops that are assigned to LSC employees.
- All LSC employee laptops are required to be encrypted.
Inform the OTS Service Desk if your laptop needs encryption, or if it has been lost or stolen.
How to get support or make a request
Contact OTS Service Desk 24/7/365. We're happy to help!
Visit the Service Center or call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014).