Lone Star College's Office of Technology Services (OTS) centrally manages all enterprise-wide software licenses, and campuses manage location-specific licenses.
- OTS maintains the number of purchased licenses and the number of installations for each campus and department.
- Ensures that there is a license for each software installation occurrence and that license agreements are followed.
- Purchase software licenses at a reduced cost for volume pricing.
- Service Desk provides support for the software.
- Accurate list of supported software and renewal agreements
- Central repository for maintaining software licenses.
- OTS regularly reviews software licensing for use and renewal.
What to Expect?
- OTS reviews and renews licenses for software that is currently in production upon expiration based on administrative or instructional need.
- OTS reviews and tests new software to ensure that it is compatible in the current environment.
- Obtain OTS pre-approval for all software purchases
- Contact OTS for assistance with new software purchases.
- Contact OTS on all renewal requests from a vendor.
- Department must fund NEW software for the first year and OTS will maintain the software.
How to get support or make a request
Contact OTS Service Desk 24/7/365. We're happy to help!
Visit the Service Center or call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014).