| Student Life
| Clubs & Organizations
| LSC-Kingwood Clubs
| LSC-Kingwood: The Ranters
Meet the Ranters Officers
Shamiravon T. Ross "Queen", President
Majors: Facilities Management & Political Science
Hometown: Houston, TX
- Why did you join this organization? This is a very necessary organization and it will promote success among RANTS (Returning and non-traditional students).
- That are your personal goals for the semester? To maintain a 3.8 GPA.
- What are your goals for the organization? To be an academic coach, a peer facilitator, and an icon for RANTS.
- What are your career interests? To become an entrepreneur.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Dancing, socializing, and designing and decorating homes.
My age is 39 years young. I am the president of the African American Student Association, a member of Phi Theta Kappa, International Honor Society for the Two-Year College, Student Ambassador, and Supplemental Instructor/Peer Team Leader.
"Become a member of success. The RANTS Organization has the main goal to ensure that all students have the resources for their college career." -Queen
Cory McAnally, Treasurer
Hometown: Huffman, TX
- Why did you join this organization? To improve my presentation skills and learn audio-visual techniques.
- What are your personal goals for the semester? Complete all coursework with a personal-best GPA.
- What are your goals for the organization? To help all returning and non-traditional students improve their computer/presentation skills.
- What are your career interests? Pediatric nutrition/obesity.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Pit bull rescue, needlecraft, handmade dolls.
I retired from the food service industry. I am the 2011-2012 HSO (Honor Student Organization) President, a member of Phi Theta Kappa, a single mom wth one daughter who is also a student at LSC-Kingwood.
"RANTers will help you to hone your computer, class presentation, and oral report skills." -Cory McAnally
Lynnette Barry, Secretary
- Why did you join this organization? To enhance my computer skills.
- What are your personal goals for the semester? To do well at LSC-Kingwood and Sam Houston State University.
- What are your goals for the organization? To meet new people and help teach others.
- What are your career interests? To work in a position helping others.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Walking, reading, exercising.
I am a 56-year old woman. I am a military brat. I moved back to Texas after 27 yearsin Florida to care for elderly parents. I quit my last job to stay with my mom during her last month of life (in the hospital). Now, I cae for my daughter and my father while attending school.
"If you have been outof the loop technologically, we can offer skills to assist you in your return to school." -Lynnette Barry