Placement Test Prep
Schedule: combined Math and English sessions
For more information, contact the Main Desk: 281.618-5445
Tuesday, July 28 1:00 - 4:00 Thursday, July 30 9:00 - 12:00 Tuesday, August 4 12:00 - 3:00 Thursday, August 6 9:00 -12:00 Monday, August 10 1:00 - 4:00 Wednesday, August 12 9:00 - 12:00 Monday, August 17 1:00 - 4:00 Thursday, August 20 9:00 - 12:0
For more information, contact
What happens at the prep sessions?
Each session is based on an interactive question-and-answer presentation that helps you determine at which level you need to begin practicing. After you attend a session, you should have a clear idea of which specific topics you need to continue practicing before you take the test, and you will know exactly how to access the resources you will need!
How Can I Get Started Now?
You can begin by reading the information at the link below.
Next, try out some sample questions at the link below.
Then use the links below to begin practicing specific skills:
SAMPLE TESTS, VIDEOS, AND QUIZZES
- Houston Community College's TSI Prep Site
- Math Videos and Exercises: Khan Academy
- Developmental Math 0306 (Level One) Course Review with Answers
- Developmental Math 0308 (Level Two) Course Review with Answers
- Developmental Math 0310 (Level Three) Course Review with Answers
- Online Exercises for Reading Comprehension
- Online PowerPoint Presentations and Interactive Exercises: Grammar Bytes
- Advanced Online Exercises for Improving Sentence Skills
Finally, don't forget about tutoring! Even if you are just preparing to take a placement test now, you can still come in to the SEA English and SEA Math Centers in the Academic building on the North Harris campus to get personal assistance as you study for the test. It is best to go to tutoring after you have attended a Placement Test Prep Session so that you will have some materials to use for practice.