Windows on the World (WOW)
The Windows on the World (WOW) program is designed to facilitate and encourage a diverse offering of innovative and well-planned events to enrich Lone Star College-CyFair. WOW fosters events that spark dialogue and reflection about current affairs, culture, tradition, and history in order to offer deeper, broader, and revolutionary perspectives regarding the World. WOW strives to support events that will add to and develop students’ interest in the community – both local and global. Such events are often in the areas of:
· Fine and performing arts
· International culture
· Multicultural events
· Heritage celebrations
These events are designed to support teaching and learning. The WOW committee, with college community stakeholders, will develop major thematic based events to stimulate campus conversation. The events may encompass one semester or the academic year. These major events will:
· Enhance interdisciplinary conversation and inclusion within the campus.
· Provide unique learning and enrichment opportunities for Lone Star College-CyFair students.
· Bring in renowned speakers, authors, politicians, artists, etc.
· Elevate awareness of diversity and increase community outreach efforts.
· Facilitate community inclusion (via books, library, student activities and discipline specific initiatives).
· Be free to LSC-CyFair students.
· Meet substantive educational goals related to assessment and Student Learning Outcomes (SLO).
· Increase cultural significance of the College within the community.