LSC-University Park Graduation
Graduation Orientation Sessions
LSC-University Park will have orientation (rehearsal) on Monday, April 27, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m., Thursday, April 30, from 10 a.m. until noon, and Monday, May 4, from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. in the Governor’s Room (CB229, directly across from the UP Bookstore) on the LSC-University Park campus. Commencement activities, procedures and/or any questions will be answered at this time. Tickets for your guests will be distributed at the session. All students planning to participate in the Commencement ceremony will be required to attend one of the orientations to ensure that this important milestone in your life is recognized and celebrated appropriately. Due to limited seating arrangements, we kindly request that only graduates attend the commencement orientation.
Presidents Breakfast with Graduates
Friday, April 24, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in West Dining. – An email will be sent to each graduate with information about the breakfast. If the graduate so chooses, they will be given the opportunity to honor a UP professor or staff associate by inviting them to join the graduate at this special event.
Graduation Ceremony Protocol
- Caps and Gowns: Caps and gowns will be available April 7 at the UP Bookstore. The cost will be $39.00 plus tax. Invitations/announcements in packages of 10 will also be available for purchase at the bookstore for $11.95 plus tax. UP Bookstore operating hours are Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.–6 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m.
- RSVP: Please RSVP by email toUPGraduation@Lonestar.edu by 5:00 PM on Monday, April 20st. Please include in the email the name you would like announced during the ceremony, approximate number of guests in attendance, and if any special accommodations will be needed for the graduate or any guests.
- Dress: Participants should dress comfortably and coolly. Men are encouraged to wear dark slacks, light colored shirts and dark shoes. Women are encouraged to wear light-weight, appropriate length dresses or dark slacks and low heel, dark shoes. Do not wear flip flops or backless shoes.
- Arrival: Graduates must arrive at the Centrum Forum Sanctuary no later than 5:30 PM on May 8th to ensure participation in the ceremony. There will be signs and Student Ambassadors directing you to this area. Once graduates arrive, they will complete a name card with the name they would like announced at the ceremony. Graduates will be lined up for the processional by 6:30 p.m.
- Diplomas: All commencement participants will receive a commemorative diploma cover during the ceremony. Graduates will receive their official diploma through mail to the address specified on the graduation application after successful completion of degree requirements is confirmed. Diplomas are printed by our System Office and typically take 6-8 weeks for arrival after a student has been graduated. Participation in the ceremony does not guarantee graduation from Lone Star College. Graduates must meet all requirements and competencies before degrees will be issued. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that all requirements are met, and that a graduation application has been submitted. Students will be contacted by the graduation department after the application has been submitted if there are any problems with their application.
- Seating: At the ceremony, there will be assigned seating for graduates. Family and friends will only be admitted with a Commencement ticket and seated in The Centrum on a first come, first served basis. Reserved seating will not be permitted. The ceremony will be available for viewing via live-streaming linked to the http://www.lonestar.edu/21021.htm website.
- Flash Photography will take a photograph as you are recognized on stage. Further information will be given during the graduation orientation. Flash Photography may be reached at 1-888-325-3930 and on their website at www.flashphotography.com
- Please turn off all cell phones during the ceremony. Keep talking and movement during the ceremony to a minimum.
- >Remember to have fun as you take this very important
step towards personal and professional enrichment.
Graduation Ceremony Regalia
Lone Star College System graduates are expected to wear regalia without altering the appearance. Academic regalia has a rich history of tradition and significance that we wish to honor. Please refrain from wearing flowers (corsages), pins, or unapproved stoles, or making any alterations to mortarboards. Graduates who have earned stoles through Phi Theta Kappa will wear the college approved stoles. All others are asked to respect the time-honored traditions of graduation by wearing regalia as issued or appropriate military attire. In addition, the appropriate way to wear the mortarboard is flat on top of the head and not off to the side or fixed to the back of the head by pins. Graduates are not allowed to deface their regalia. Any graduate that has decorated, bedazzled, or costumed their regalia will be removed from procession and not allowed to participate in the ceremony.
We look forward to your participation in the Lone Star College-University Park Commencement ceremony and congratulate you on your academic achievement!
Graduation Date and Location
Friday, May 8, 2015
The Centrum at Cypress Creek Christian Community Center
6823 Cypresswood Drive
Spring, TX 77379