F-1 Visa Student Admissions
Lone Star College System is a comprehensive community college system of six campuses: LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park.
LSC is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to enroll non-immigrant students carrying valid F-1 (student) visas for degree-seeking programs. Currently there are about 2,100 international students from 100 different countries on various visa types. LSC adheres to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) guidelines. It is the responsibility of the student to have knowledge of DHS regulations pertaining to their visa type.
Enrollment at any of our six campuses involves five processes: admission, visa approval by the U.S. government, orientation, advisement and course registration.
Admissions Application Period
New Students from Outside the United States:
Applications will be accepted within the following timeframes:
- Fall Semester: April 1- July 1 immediately prior to desired semester
- Spring Semester: September 15- November 1 immediately prior to desired semester
Applicants requesting a change of status to F-1:
If you are requesting a change of status to F-1, you must submit all required documentation to Lone Star College at least 30 days before the expiration date on your I-94 card. If we receive your materials less than 30 days before, we will not be able to process your request. Please see the F-1 Visa International Student Admission Checklist for the required documents.
Please contact the International Student Advisor/DSO at the campus you wish to attend for a deadline.
See the F-1Visa International Student Admission Checklist for the required documents.
The process below applies to admission as an F-1 student. Please note, certain programs of study such as healthcare programs have additional admission requirements. Please check with the particular academic program for more information: www.lonestar.edu/programs
- Select the Lone Star campus which you would like to attend.
- Complete the steps outlined in the F-1 International Student Admission Checklist.
- Submit the required documents to the International Student Advisor/DSO at the campus you wish to attend in one complete packet by the specific deadline. One application is sufficient to be accepted to any of the Lone Star College campuses. If you change your mind about the LSC campus you wish to attend, please notify the International Student Advisor/DSO so that they can transfer the application to the appropriate person.
All required forms can be accessed on our forms page.
Please contact the International Student Advisor/DSO at the chosen LSC campus with any additional questions.
Texas law requires certain groups of students entering college to provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination at least 10 days before the start of classes. To determine if you are affected by this requirement, please see the Required Meningitis Vaccination page.
Each campus provides a mandatory orientation session specifically for new and transfer international students.
- 2015 Dates
These sessions occur before the semester begins. Accepted students will be notified by their International Student Advisor/DSO of their assigned date and time in the acceptance packet. F-1 visa students should make arrangements to attend this mandatory session.
|Step1: Apply for |
|Step 2: Apply for F-1 Visa with U.S. Government|
|Step 3: Attend Orientation|
|Step 6: Meet with an Advisor|
|Step 5: Register and Pay for Classes|
|Register for Classes|
|Maps and Tours|
Tuition & Fees
|Browse the |
- July 1st - Fall Semester
- November 1st - Spring Semester