Tomball 2020 Council
Ensuring that LSC-Tomball is effectively fulfilling its mission requires purposeful and meaningful planning and assessment. As an accredited institution of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), Lone Star College voluntarily adheres to the philosophies and requirements set forth by the Commission and outlined in the 2011 Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement which includes Core Requirements and Comprehensive Standards.
Core Requirement 2.5 states: “The institution engages in ongoing, integrated, and institution-wide research-based planning and evaluation processes that (1) incorporate a systematic review of institutional mission, goals and outcomes; (2) result in continuing improvement in institutional quality; and (3) demonstrate the institution is effectively accomplishing its mission.”
The Tomball 2020 Council was assembled to provide strategic direction for Lone Star College-Tomball into the year 2020. The Tomball 2020 Council is made up of the following three campus based committees:
- Strategic Enrollment Management Committee
- Committee Charge: To establish college-wide dialogue and strategy development focused on Strategic Enrollment Management and set clear goals for achieving gains in Lone Star College-Tomball enrollment and retention.
- Committee Chairs: Henri Dally, Donielle Miller, Jill Riethmayer
- Faculty and Staff Research Committee
- Committee Charge: To explore the latest research related to the college, community, and higher education trends.
- Committee Chairs: Dr. Margaret Jelinek Lewis, Jennifer Richardson
- Campus Planning and Assessment Committee
- Committee Charge: To guide the institutional effectiveness and strategic planning processes for LSC – Tomball.
- Committee Chairs: Jared Cootz, Kentrie LeDee, Robbie Richard Rogers
Additional members of the Tomball 2020 Council include:
- Dr. Jackie C. Thomas, Jr., Chief Strategist and Chair of the Tomball 2020 Council
- Dr. Lee Ann Nutt, President
- Dr. Jerrel Wade, Vice President of Administration and Finance
- Dr. Scott Stallman, Vice President of Instruction
- Ms. Ann Johnson, Vice President of Student Success
- Kim Carter, Faculty Senate President