Application Process, Eligibility, Course Offerings, Honors Scholarships
Applying to The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery
- Students interested in participating in The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery must complete the online application available at http://www.lonestar.edu/HonorsCollegeApply.htm.
- Once this is completed you will receive an email from email@example.com verifying your eligibility (or requesting additional information to help determine eligibility) and providing a link to sign up for the required honors orientation.
- You may then select one or more honors courses for the upcoming semester (see below) and register for class by submitting your registration request to MontgomeryHonors@LoneStar.edu or stopping by the Honors College at LSC-Montgomery, located in Bldg. G, 204 and registering in person.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in the Honors College
Open to new or returning students with at least one of the following:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- SAT Score of 1240 (combined mathematics , reading & writing) within past five years
- ACT Score of 26 (composite) within past five years
- 9 or more college credit hours with a minimum 3.25 GPA
FA '18 Honors Section Offerings through LSC-Montgomery
- BIOLH.1406.4201 Reg.#7176 Honors Biology I for Science Majors - TTH 9am-11:50am (w/Lab) Prof. McDowell
- ARTSH.1303 Reg.#15806 Honors Art History: Prehistoric to Gothic - MW 1:50pm-3:15pm. Prof. Sheffield
- GOVTH.2305.4201 Reg.#13596 Honors Federal Government - TTH 8:30-9:50am. Prof. Kennedy
- HISTH.1301.4201 Reg. #4856 Honors United States History to 1877- TTH 10:00am-11:20am - Prof. Betsy Powers
- HISTH.1302.4201 Reg. #4882 Honors United States History since 1877- TTH 11:30am-12:50pm - Prof. Morgan
- HONRH.2033.4001 Honors IResearch Writing Seminar - TBD - Prof. Zimmermann