Eligibility Criteria & Application Process
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in the Honors College
Open to new or returning students with at least one of the following:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- SAT Score of 1150 (combined mathematics and critical reading) within past five years
- ACT Score of 26 (composite) within past five years
- 9 or more college credit hours with a minimum 3.25 GPA
- TSI Scores: To determine eligibility, contact the Honors College Director.
Application to The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery
- Each semester, all students interested in participating in The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery should APPLY HERE
- Once having completed the online application, eligible students may enroll in one of the available honors sections for a given semester, or work with an Honors faculty mentor to submit an honors contract application by the required deadline for approval.
- Each semester, all students are also required to attend an Honors Student Orientation Session (see our honors calendar for scheduled orientation dates).
- Spring '15 Honors Course sections include:
- ENGL.1302.4001 Reg.#5073 MWF 11:00am-11:50am - Dr. Molly Lasco
- GOVT.2305.4004 Reg.#4230 MW 10:00am-11:20am – Dr. Dominic Beggan
- HIST.1302.4016 Reg.#4095 TTH 10:00am-11:20am - Dr. Betsy Powers
- PHIL.2306.4002 Reg.#9071 TTH 1:00pm-2:20pm - Prof. Timothy Cowan
- PSYC.2301.4009 Reg.#8061 MWF 10:00am-10:50pm - Prof. Michael Devoley
- PSYC.2314.4004 Reg.#8359 TTH 10:00am-11:20am - Dr. Karen Buckman