Application Process, Eligibility, Course Offerings, Honors Scholarships
Applying to The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery
- Students interested in participating in The Honors College at LSC-Montgomery should complete the online application available at http://www.lonestar.edu/HonorsCollegeApply.htm.
- Once you have the online application, you will receive an email eligibility verification (or request for additional information to help determine eligibility). Once verified as eligible, new honors students are required to schedule a meeting with the Honors College director to finalize their processing into the Honors College and register for honors classes. Honors scholarships are currently available for qualified incoming honors students - check with the Honors College director for details!
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in the Honors College
Open to new or returning students with at least one of the following:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- SAT Score of 1150 (combined mathematics and critical reading) within past five years
- ACT Score of 26 (composite) within past five years
- 9 or more college credit hours with a minimum 3.25 GPA
SP '17 Honors Courses through LSC-Montgomery
- BIOLH.1407.4201 Reg.#1188 Honors Biology II - TTH 8:30am-11:20am (w/Lab) - Prof. Broadhurst.
- BIOLH.1409.4201 Reg.#1311 Honors Biology II Non-Science Majors - TTH 12pm-2:50pm. (w/Lab) Prof. Iyer
- CHEMH.1412.4201 Reg.#3008 Honors General Chemistry II - TTH 8:30am-11:20am (w/Lab) - Prof. Force
- ENGHL.2328.4001 Reg.#10107 Honors Survey of America Literature - TTH 11:30am-12:50pm - Prof. Lasco
- HISTH.1301.4001 Reg. #13501 Honors United States History to 1877- TTH 11:30am-12:50pm - Prof. Morgan
- HISTH.1302.4001 Reg. #13497 Honors United States History since 1877- TTH 10am-11:20am - Prof. Powers
- GOVTH.2306.4002 Reg.#13392 Honors Texas Government - MW 10am-11:20am - Prof. Morales
- GOVTH.2389.4001 Reg.#16868 Honors Political Science Internship Fr 12pm-2:50pm - Prof. Fuller
- PHILH.2306.4001 Reg. #13885 Honors Introduction to Ethics - TTH 1pm-2:20pm - Prof. Cowan
- PSYCH.2314.4001 Reg. #14148 Honors Lifespan, Growth & Development - MW 10:30am-11:50am - Prof. Buckman
- GOVTH.2306.4001 Reg.#13388 Honors Texas Government (Cohort Only) - MWF 11:00am-11:50am - Prof. Ross
- SPCHH.1315.4001 Reg.#13876 Honors Public Speaking (Cohort Only) - MW 12:00pm-1:20pm - Prof. Fuller