First Year Experience at LSC-North Harris
WELCOME to Lone Star College-North Harris!
First Year Experience
The Office of Academic Success at Lone Star College-North Harris offers an array of resources designed to improve retention and graduation rates, particularly among first-time-in-college students. We invite all students to take advantage of these programs.
Prepare for success
- Orientation Help getting started and connecting to resources
- Student Success Course (EDUC 1300) Learn to overcome the common barriers to success
- Student Success Advisors Specially trained advisors committed to your success
- Summer Link Get a head start on your transition from high school to college
Benefit from proven resources
- The Learning Center Open computer lab and free, subject-specific tutoring with proven results
- Peer Mentoring and Tutoring Learn from a current student how to achieve success
- Faculty/Staff Academic Coaching Have an on-campus coach for encouragement and assistance
Connect with others
- Service Learning Earn credit while volunteering and engaging in the community
- Common Read Make new friends and enjoy a shared experience
- Multi-cultural Academic & Support Services (MASS) Mentoring and workshops specifically designed for a diverse student population
For more information about these and other programs, contact 281.618.5776 or stop by ACAD-200.