The Office of Technology Services (OTS) provides training opportunities to all faculty, staff, and students at Lone Star College.
The iStar Training team interacts with business process owners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and update training materials and administer instructor led and on demand training classes across the system for iStar. The team documents learning requirements and instructional content in order to design and develop instructional courseware and documentation related to all iStar applications and the modules within Campus Solutions (CS), Finance (FSM), and Human Capital Management/Human Resources (HCM).
How to Access Job Aids and Training Opportunities
Visit the iStar Training site on the LSC intranet by clicking here. The iStar Training site features valuable information including instructions on utilizing the iStar Info and Help tool to search for job aids and upcoming training sessions, how to register for or drop an activity, and how to submit the iStar Security Request Form.
- OTS supports the functional areas by assisting in the analysis of business processes to identify and document best practices.
- OTS provides training on key iStar functions in a variety of methods and formats.
- OTS employs a security model that protects the system from unauthorized access until required training has been successfully completed.
- Online help documents and on-demand training modules provide customers with an efficient and effective process to receive training on iStar's Campus Solution, Finance, and Human Capital Management (Human Resource) modules
- Personalized training activities on-site, by request
- Content management system to manage and standardize business process documentation
- Identify areas of iStar they need training on based on their job responsibilities
- Register for training sessions before attending the session
- Drop a course if unable to attend so others may be able to attend
- Print all emailed documentation prior to the training activity
How to get support or make a request
Contact OTS Service Desk 24/7/365. We're happy to help!
Visit the Service Center or call 832.813.6600 (toll free 866.614.5014).