Cypress Assistive Technology
Lone Star Disability Services Counselor will determine services student is qualified to use.
A list of approved services and equipment needed will be provided in the form of an Accommodations Checklist. The Accommodations Checklist must be provided to the Assistive Technology Staff at the time of service.
Approved Equipment is checked out for one semester at a time and must be returned at the end of each semester. A hold is put on the student’s records until the equipment is returned.
Assistive Technology Lab Equipment
- OCR Camera
- 2 Topaz CCTV (one located in Tutoring Center)
- 2 Comtek AT-216 Wireless Auditory Assistance Kit
- Rightangle Erogonomic Hydraulic Table
- Sara CE (Reading & Scanning Device)
- Focus Blue 40-Cell Braille Display
- Transformer Enhanced Vision Camera and Monitor
- Read and Write (Gold)
- Jaws 15.0
- FS Reader 2.0 & 3.0
- Open book 9.0
Software needed in classrooms where computer use is prevalent may be requested through Disability Counselor.
Alternate Format Books
Students who are qualified by the Disability Counselor for Alternate Formatting of books must provide the Staff with:
- An Accommodations Checklist to verify eligibility;
- A copy of the schedule of classes for which the books are needed;
- And a receipt for the purchase of a print copy of the books.
If you do not qualify for books in alternate formatting through our services, you can still scan your own books and have them read to you with our Kurzweil software (also available in the Library).
Assistive Technology Lab
19710 Clay Road
Katy, TX 77449
Geroya Z. Richardson