The Tutoring Center goal is to help students reach their maximum academic potential by promoting the understanding of course concepts, reinforcing essential study skills and habits, as well as encouraging independent learning that will assist students to transition successfully into the rapidly changing world.
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Thursday||8:30 am - 2:00 pm|
|Friday - Sunday||CLOSED|
Tutoring Services & Resources
- All tutoring services are FREE!
- At present all tutoring is on a drop-in basis.
- Students should bring any textbook, lecture notes and assignments when meeting with a tutor.
- Students should attempt solving a problem on their own before seeking assistance.
- Reading a chapter prior will result in a more productive session.
- Tutoring is available to all LSCS students; in addition to future students who need TSI assessment.
- Tutors will assist students preparing for standardized test.
- Our tutors are highly qualified professionals that consist of educators, instructors, retired professionals, former students and current students. The tutors are also college Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Certified. The certification allows tutors to receive recognition and positive reinforcement from a national organization and it is specific minimum standards and training necessary for successful training.
Fairbanks Center Tutoring
14955 Northwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77040