Wellness Center Rules
Lone Star College Montgomery Wellness Center Rules are in place to help create a safe and enjoyable exercise environment. LSC-Montgomery Wellness Center reserves the right to change rules at any time without prior notice. All signs and information posted on the premises shall also be considered part of the rules. Any patron who fails to comply with the rules of the Wellness Center may be asked to leave and/or lose membership privileges.
All Wellness Center participants should comply with Lone Star College System Board Policy.
- Be respectful and considerate to other members and staff.
- Abstain from the use of loud, abusive, vulgar and profane conversation.
- Wellness Center does not permit any conduct that harasses or is bothersome to members, guests or Wellness Center employees.
- Resources are limited so be considerate of space and share all equipment.
- In case of an emergency call 911 for medical assistance. Emergency phones that dial directly to campus police are located in the weight room and aerobic studio room.
- It is recommended that members of the Wellness Center obtain medical clearance from their physician prior to starting any exercise program.
- Use a spotter when training with free weights.
- Equipment must be used in the manner it was intended.
- Injuries must be reported to staff immediately, and an accident report will be filled out.
LSC-Montgomery Wellness Center employees are not responsible for injuries or accidents that may occur.
- All weights must be removed from bars and replaced in the designated area on appropriate racks when finished.
- Members provide their own work-out towels.
- Members are to clean all equipment after use. Paper towels and cleaning wipes are provided.
- No powdered chalk allowed.
- No backpacks, gym bags, purses, or personal items are allowed in the cardio/weight room area. There is designated shelving for small personal items (see the locker room section for further details about storage for these materials).
EQUIPMENT MAXIMUM CAPACITY
- Treadmills, elliptical, and bicycles in the Wellness Center all have a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs.
- Members are to be enrolled at Lone Star College-Montgomery for either credit classes, dual credit, iHigh School, or must be at least 18 years of age to use the Wellness Center.
- If he or she is classified as a minor (under the age of 18), a parent or legal guardian must sign the participation release and indemnification agreement form from the Wellness Center.
- Children are not permitted in the Wellness Center facility.
The Wellness Center does not provide nursery or childcare services.
CURRENT ENROLLED CREDIT STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
- For more information please see the website.
FACULTY AND STAFF MEMBERSHIP
- Faculty and staff whom are in partnership with Lone Star College and work on the premises of LSC-Montgomery are eligible to use the Wellness Center.
- Employee identification is required.
- Lone Star College retirees, employees and spouses are eligible for a special membership rate. Please see Wellness Center staff for details.
WELLNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP
- Must be enrolled in a credit class or 18 years of age.
- Community and Continuing Education membership fee is payable at the LSC-Montgomery Business Office, located in building E. Wellness Center memberships are non-refundable.
- The receipt of payment is required as proof of purchase at the Wellness Center reception desk.
- Membership is nonrefundable.
- Employees and spouses see Wellness Center staff for special rates
- It is the responsibility of the registered student/member to check himself/herself in and out of the Wellness Center. Attendance and work-out time are recorded using student/employees/community ID.
Wear athletic attire while working out in the LSC-Montgomery Wellness Center, i.e., t-shirts, jogging shorts, sweat pants, and tank tops.
- The fitness attire must keep private body parts covered. Wear clothes that fit comfortably during exercise.
- Clothing with wording on it or graphic T-shirts should also be respectful of our Wellness Center’s etiquette rules.
- Shorts/pants or items with sharp embellishments are not to be worn on padded equipment.
- Wear workout shoes that provide proper foot support, covering your toes and heels, and have a rubber sole designed for exercise, i.e., athletic shoes.
PERSONAL ITEMS AND LOCKERS
- Lockers are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Designated lockers are for DAY USE ONLY-if items are left overnight, locks will be removed and locks and items discarded.
- Designated lockers are for faculty/staff usage. These lockers must be reserved by contacting Wellness Center full-time employees.
- Bring your own lock to secure the locker.
- Members must provide shower towels.
- Do not leave any valuables (i.e. jewelry, wallets, purses, etc.) in lockers unprotected.
- At the end of each semester remove all items from the lockers prior to the posted date. On the posted locker clean out date, remaining locks and items left in lockers will be discarded.
The Wellness Center is not responsible for items left in lockers. The Wellness Center employees will not accept responsibility for watching or handling personal items. LSC-Montgomery and the Wellness Center or any of its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Student organizations and/or other organizations may reserve the use of the facility via a request placed through the LSC-Montgomery Room Reservation Coordinator and Wellness Center full-time employees.
- Supervised use of the studio room by individual members or students is required.
- Use of the sound system by non-employees is prohibited.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Drinks in a closed container are permitted. No food is allowed in work-out facility areas.
USE OF TOBACCO, DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
- The use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs is prohibited in the Wellness Center.
- Unauthorized video recording or photography is prohibited.
PERSONAL TRAINING SERVICES
- No personal training for compensation is permitted in the LSC-Montgomery Wellness Center indoor or outdoor areas.