Become an Ambassador
Ambassadors are a recognized group of student employees whose work is appreciated and acknowledged by the college and its applicants. As an Ambassador, you will develop a variety of transferrable skills that benefit your future goals, as you attend community outreach and social events, assist with campus tours, New Student Orientations and visit with local high schools. All Ambassadors possess a willingness to learn and an eagerness to serve.
We’re currently seeking a variety of well-rounded students to join our Student Ambassador program. If you’re interested in being part of our Student Ambassador Program, please see the qualifications below.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Must be currently enrolled as a Lone Star College-CyFair student
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Available to work 16 hours per week and some weekends
- Possess a willingness to learn, serve and grow (professionally and academically)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students and staff members
The Student Ambassador application may be completed by clicking this link.
- Job Title: Part-Time Student Assistant, Student Ambassador Program
- Job Number: 17000390
View the Student Ambassador Program flyer.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role of an Ambassador is to assist prospective students and faculty/staff members. Responsibilities include offering campus tours to prospective students, hosting New Student Orientations, attending outreach events and social functions, assisting at graduation and at campus and community engagements. As our student population evolves and grows, so do the roles of our Ambassadors!
Benefits of Becoming a Student Ambassador
- Gain critical leadership skills
- Build communication skills
- Photo/Video-shoot opportunities
- Network with community leaders
- Build your portfolio as you move toward a professional future
- Earn money while on campus