LSC-Tomball High School Dual Credit Checklist
High School Dual Credit Checklist
Follow the steps below to complete the process of transitioning from a high school student to an LSC dual credit student. You may download a copy of this checklist as well.
Step 1: Admissions & Qualification Process (Offered at your HS)
- Apply for admission. Complete the online application at: lonestar.edu/admissions. Keep your LSC ID number.
- Meningitis Vaccination & New Student Orientation: Not Required for Dual Credit unless you intend to take a course held on a LSC campus- go to lonestar.edu/meningitis & lonestar.edu/Tomball-orientation for more information.
- Visit with your high school counselor for eligibility requirements or get more information at lonestar.edu/dualcredit-eligibility.
- Visit with your high school counselor for information on how to obtain a testing ticket for the TSI test AFTER completing the PRE-ASSESMENT ACTIVITY (see step 2).
- Optional: Submit a FERPA form to your high school counselor. It is highly recommended that all DC students have a signed FERPA form on file authorizing parents access to their educational records at LSC-Tomball. See lonestar.edu/FERPA for more information.
Step 2: Testing/Placement
- Complete the PRE – ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY prior to testing. Access the link on your MyLoneStar homepage in the gray middle section next to the green checklist. This video is required for all students taking the TSI placement.
- TSI Test Preparation: Select TSI Exam Sample Questions on right.
- The testing fee is waived the first time for DC students taking the TSI assessment. It's $10/section for re-testing.You must obtain a new testing ticket from your DC Advisor at LSC-Tomball to retest.
- Complete TSI testing, if required, at LSC-Tomball or your designated test date at your high school. Ask your high school counselor for specific testing dates and locations.
- Report to the LSC-Tomball Assessment Center located on the 2nd floor of the library with picture ID, testing ticket, and, if retesting, payment receipt from the Cashier's office. If you miss your specified testing date, it is your responsibility to go to the campus to test with your required materials. lonestar.edu/testing-centers
- Submit all test scores & your LSC ID number to your high school counselor.
Step 3: Registering for Classes (offered at your high school)
- Pick up your approved registration materials from your high school counselor.
- Visit with your high school counselor to register for your course(s).
- Complete top half of LSC blue Dual Credit Registration Form & Parental Consent Form, including student and parent signatures.
- Return blue Dual Credit Registration Form & Parental Consent Form to your counselor with test scores attached.
Step 4: Pay your Fees & Books
- Dual Credit Cost Chart
- You are responsible for the fees and books portion of your Dual Credit courses. All tuition is waived.
- Please allow 48 business hours after registration then go to: lonestar.edu and click on myLoneStar and login using your User ID and Password. Folllow the instructions provided at registration to pay your fees online.
- Or visit the Bursar/Cashier Office C120 at LSC-Tomball if you prefer to pay in-person. Contact Bursar/Cashier's Office for additional questions regarding payment at (281) 357-3754.
Dual Credit Registration
ISD, Charter, and Private Schools for Spring 2018:
December 20, 2017
Homeschool for Spring 2018:
December 20, 2017