Lone Star College serves an area of more than 1,400 square miles with a population of 2.1 million including some of the fastest growing communities in the state. In the past four years alone, the LSC service area has grown by 176,000 people, more people than 39 U.S. states added during the same time period. An additional 242,000 people are expected to increase the region’s population to 2.55 million by 2019.
The workforce in the LSC area has grown by 9% in the past five years.
Since voters approved the last Lone Star College System bond in 2008, LSCS has added more than 33,565 credit students, a 68 percent growth rate (fall 2007 – fall 2014). When combined with non-credit students, Lone Star College System has a total enrollment of more than 95,000.
Lone Star College System adds $3.1 billion in economic impact directly into the local community each year, with $2.8 billion in increased earnings for LSCS students.
- 91% of our students stay in the local community after attending LSCS.
- They spend money, pay taxes and buy homes in the community.
- Their enhanced skills and abilities increase the output of local employers.
Source: EMSI, Economic Modeling Specialists Intl., May 2014
Committed to Student Success
A national leader in conferring degrees and dedicated to student success and credential completion, Lone Star College is:
- Recognized nationally as a Top 10 Associate Degree Producer
- Leading the Texas Reverse Transfer Initiative, in collaboration with The University of Texas, a key strategy in Texas’ goal of increasing higher education degree attainment
- Leading the Texas Completes effort
statewide to dramatically increase college completion rates
LSCS Fall Credit Student Headcount