Cypress-Fairbanks residents voted to become part of Lone Star College System in August 2000 and the new Lone Star College-CyFair opened in August 2003 as the fifth Lone Star College.
LSC-CyFair now has two locations to help make education accessible and convenient for the rapidly-growing Cypress-Fairbanks area: 1) The LSC-CyFair campus on Barker Cypress Road at West Road, a 200-acre, state-of-the-art campus centered around beautiful ponds; and 2) The LSC-Fairbanks Center at U.S. Highway 290 and West Little York Road, which is strategically designed for students who live or work in the southeast portion of the Cy-Fair community. The LSC-Cypress Center at Clay Road and Fry Road is currently under construction.
LSC-CyFair’s fall 2014 enrollment for credit students was 20,384.
Improvements planned for LSC-CyFair
- New instructional building: 75,000 sf
- Central Plant expansion: 3,000 sf
- Renovations to existing facilities: 23,000 sf
- Increase parking: 750 spaces
Current Workforce Education Centers of Excellence
- Echocardiography, Petroleum Data Technology, Fire Science, EMS, Nursing, Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Needed Renovations to Current Workforce Education Facilities
- CNC Machining (LSC-Cypress Center)
- Welding (LSC-Cypress Center)
Future Needs: New Advanced Technology Centers
- Computer Information Technology & Visual Communications
- Classroom space with high level computing infrastructure (50,000 sf)