Since 1973, Lone Star College-North Harris has been serving the residents of the Aldine, Spring and Humble school districts. It was the first and founding college of the Lone Star College System and set the pace with quality education for other Lone Star Colleges that followed it.
In addition to the 200-acre main campus located on 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive in north Houston, LSC-North Harris also serves its students with two satellite centers – the LSC-Greenspoint Center located off Beltway 8 near Interstate 45 at 250 N. Sam Houston Parkway East in the Greenspoint area; and the new LSC-Victory Center, which opened in 2011 at 4141 Victory Drive in Acres Homes.
LSC-North Harris’ fall 2014 enrollment for credit students was 17,721.
Improvements planned for LSC-North Harris
- New instructional building: 60,000 sf
- Advanced Technology Workforce Center: 50,000 sf
- LSC-Victory Center expansion: 25,000 sf
- Renovations to existing facilities: 25,000 sf
- Increase parking: 400 spaces
Current Workforce Education Centers of Excellence
- Automotive, HVACR, Health Information Technology, Industrial Diesel Technology, Massage Therapy, Truck Driving, Welding & Welding Inspection, Health Science Building, CHI Center for Cosmetology
Needed Renovations to Current Workforce Education Facilities
- Diesel Technology
Future Needs: New Advanced Technology Centers
- Industrial/Commercial Construction & HVACR
- High bay area (50,000 sf)
- Transportation & Logistics Institute
- Land, classroom building and space for 18 wheeler cabs and trailers (15,000 sf)