Lone Star College-Tomball, the third of the six Lone Star Colleges, was the result of many years of dedication by community members to bring higher education to the Tomball community. Residents of the Tomball Independent School District voted in 1982 to join Lone Star College System and LSC-Tomball opened its doors for students in 1988.
Today LSC-Tomball, which sits on 143 beautifully landscaped acres off of State Highway 249 north of the city of Tomball, offers a number of college-specific programs along with those offered at all Lone Star Colleges. LSC-Tomball was the site of major expansion in 2011 to better serve its students with the opening of three new buildings: the Performing Arts Center, the Veterinary Technology Building, and the Health Science Building.
LSC-Tomball’s fall 2014 enrollment for credit students was 9,361.
Improvements planned for LSC-Tomball
- New student services building: 40,000 sf
- Build-out Health Science Building: 20,000 sf
- Central Plant expansion: 3,000 sf
- Renovation to existing facilities: 21,000 sf
- Increase parking: 300 spaces
Current Workforce Education Centers of Excellence
- Veterinarian Technology, Surgical Technology, Electrical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy Technology, Occupational Therapy Assistant
Needed Renovations to Current Workforce Education Facilities
- Nursing/Surgical Technology
Future Needs: New Advanced Technology Centers
- Drilling Platform Training Center
- Rig for drilling, hydraulic fracturing and engineering technology (15,000 sf)