LSC-Foundation Annual Student Essay Contest
Lone Star College Foundation 26 Annual Student Essay Contest
Lone Star College invites all students enrolled at LSC-North Harris, LSC-Greenspoint Center, and LSC-Victory Center to enter the Lone Star College Foundation’s student essay contest. The theme of the essay is “How my Lone Star College experience has influenced my life.” Winning essays will be judged on expressive writing style, grammar, form, and inspiration/student success.
HOW TO ENTER: All contest entries must include the following details in the body of the email:
- Student’s full name
- Residential address
- Telephone numbers (Day and evening numbers)
- Attach a recent photograph of the student (suitable for publication)
- Attach the essay in a MS Word document.
EMAIL: Once all the data noted above is included, email essay entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBJECT LINE: Please list “Essay Contest (insert student’s name)” as the subject title of the email.
DEADLINE: 5 p.m. on Nov. 16.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (or hours required by their Health Occupations program) in credit classes at one of the schools listed below and have earned their high school diploma or GED.
- LSC-North Harris
- LSC-Greenspoint Center
- LSC-Victory Center
- Students should be working towards their first degree or credential.
- Students should apply at their “home” campus or where they take the most courses.
- Prior winners not eligible.
WRITER’S GUIDELINES: The theme is “How my Lone Star College experience has influenced my life.” Essays should highlight how the student’s educational experience has shaped and directed his/her life. The submission should not exceed two typed pages (doubled-spaced).
- A finalist will be selected from each campus.
- Each finalist will win a $1,000 scholarship and a certificate of recognition from the Lone Star College Foundation. The scholarship should be used no later than Fall 2019.
- A finalist will be selected from each college to read his/her essay at the Chancellor’s Breakfast on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at Lone Star College-System Office, The Woodlands. Finalists may also be asked to participate in other Lone Star College events.
- All finalists will be invited to the Chancellor’s Breakfast and may bring a guest.
QUESTIONS: If you have questions, please contact GEMINI WAHHAJ at email@example.com or 281.765.7997.