LSC-Kingwood: Student Government Association (SGA)
Our mission is to represent the interests and needs of students, to improve campus life, to support student clubs and organizations, and to engage students so they become more successful in achieving their academic goals.
What is Student Government Association?
Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Government Association has four primary purposes:
- Provide input to college administration on student and organizational issues
- Serve to oversee the process for the allocation of activity fees to student organizations
- To appoint a student to college advisory committees as requested by the administration of Lone Star College-Kingwood
- Provide broad professional development to its members
Goals of SGA
Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Government Association has five main goals for the 2017-2018 school year. Each goal has an established committee to assist with carrying out its mission.
- Assist in college policy development regarding Senate Bill 11, Campus Carry
- Increase school spirit
- Increase student engagement on social issues
- Increase community service opportunities for members
- Collect and provide data feedback to college administration
Why Get Involved?
- You CAN make a difference
- Meet leaders in our community
- Travel to conferences and educational retreats
- Professional Development
- Be the voice of your peers
- Scholarships for officers
Our Latest Accomplishments
- Petitioned to keep the Disabilities office in an inconspicuous location
- Lobbied to switch cafeteria food services to a vendor utilized at other campuses
- Relocated general assembly location to the SCC Conference Center
- Organized a Campus Carry forum to disband misconceptions about Senate Bill 11
- Established five organized committees to carry out SGA goals
- Instituted senator positions to increase opportunity for members
Student Government Association