LSC-Kingwood: Student Government Association (SGA)
Our mission is to represent the interests and needs of students, to improve campus life, to support student clubs and organizations, and to engage students so they become more successful in achieving their academic goals.
What is Student Government Association?
Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Government Association has four primary purposes:
- Provide input to college administration on student and organizational issues
- Serve to oversee the process for the allocation of activity fees to student organizations
- To appoint a student to college advisory committees as requested by the administration of Lone Star College-Kingwood
- Provide broad professional development to its members
Goals of SGA
Lone Star College-Kingwood Student Government Association has two main goals for the 2014-2015 school year:
- Increase Student Participation
- Lobby for overall student benefits
Why Get Involved?
- You CAN make a difference
- Meet leaders in our community
- Travel to conferences and educational retreats
- Professional Development
- Be the voice of your peers
- Scholarships for officers
Our Latest Accomplishments
- Lobbied for HR 4137, the Higher Education Opportunity Act, which was passed
- Took an active role in the campus wide smoking policy change
Student Government Association