| About the Libraries
| How Do I...?
Get a Library Card
Use your Lone Star College ID/library card to check out and request books, videos and more from the library catalog. Login off campus with your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/library card to find articles, music, images and more from research databases. NOTE: LSCS students or faculty members can apply for a library card by completing the form below if they are not able to visit a campus
- Lone Star College System (LSCS) students, faculty and staff are issued a LSCS Photo ID/Library Card. CyFair, Fairbanks, Kingwood, Montgomery, North Harris, Tomball and University Park locations offer photo ID/library cards. At selected campuses, this card also serves as your print/copy card. Apply at the circulation desk at your Lone Star campus library. Your LSCS Photo ID provides access to Assessment and Wellness Centers and discounts with some cooperating vendors.
- Harris County Public Library (HCPL) customers at the joint-use LSC-CyFair Branch Library and LSC-Tomball Community Library can be issued a Harris County Public Library Card. Anyone can use the online self-registration form to sign up for a temporary library card number. NOTE: Click the "New User" button on the "My Account" page to begin the self-registration process for a library card. Customers can print an application form for a Harris County Public Library Card, sign it, and bring it to the library to receive a library card within minutes.
- Community members may apply for a card at Lone Star College campuses for borrowing privileges and remote access to selected databases. LSCS libraries accept library cards from Harris County Public Library and Montgomery County Memorial Library systems.
- All card holders in good standing may request a TexShare card to receive borrowing privileges at other area public and academic libraries.
Questions? Please call or e-mail any Lone Star College library.
Lone Star College System (LSCS) Libraries are partners with Harris County Public Library (HCPL) and Montgomery County Memorial Library (MCML) . Search the combined catalog and request books, videos or other circulating materials for delivery to the LSCS, HCPL or MCML location nearest you.
If you are a LSCS student or faculty member and not able to come to a campus, apply for a library card by completing the form below.
- Complete all information below and click "Send the Request" button.
- Upon request, your library card will be mailed to your mailing address on record within a few days.
- Your barcode and PIN will be emailed to your LSCS email account within 2 business days of this request. The library cannot issue barcode or PIN information over the phone, but you can make a phone request to have this information emailed to you.
- Your barcode number can be used to remotely access LSCS Libraries e-Books, articles and more from our databases.
- To check out other library materials, you will need to be issued a permanent college photo ID.