LSC Foundation Student Essay Contest
“How my Lone Star College experience has influenced my life.”
· Students must be enrolled full-time or hours required by their Health Occupations program in credit classes at LSC-Montgomery or LSC-Conroe Center and have successfully earned their high school diploma or their GED certification.
· Students can apply at LSC-Montgomery or LSC-Conroe Center as long as it is the college at which they take the most courses or the one they consider to be their “home” campus.
· Students should not already have a degree but should be working on their first credential or degree.
· A prior winner cannot win again.
· The essay should highlight and detail how the impact of a student’s educational experience has shaped and directed their life.
· The submission should not exceed two (2) typed pages, properly formatted and double-spaced.
· The submission must include the student’s name, address, email and phone number.
Criteria for Evaluation
Expressive writing style, grammar, form, and inspiration/student success.
· A finalist will be selected from Lone Star College-Montgomery and Lone Star College-Conroe Center and will receive a $1,000 scholarship and a certificate of recognition from the Lone Star College Foundation.
· The scholarship is to be utilized during the student’s next full-time semester, preferably sprint 2019, but no later than fall 2019.
· An essay finalist will then be selected to represent each college and will read his/her essay at the Chancellor’s Breakfast on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 in the Community Building at Lone Star Collegge-System Office, 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands TX 77381 commencing at 8:00 a.m. Finalists may also be asked to participate in other Lone Star College events during the spring semester.
You must submit your essay by 5 p.m., Friday, November 16, 2018.
Student Essay Contest Guidelines and Chancellor's Breakfast Information
Visit Guidelines for more information.
If you have questions regarding the contest, please email Fiona Burnett or call 936-273-7045.