LSC-University Park Graduation
Commencement Date and Time:
Champion Forest Baptist Church Worship Center
15555 Stuebner Airline Road
Friday, May 11, 2018
Students must arrive no later than 5 p.m. in the Chapel Room to participate in the ceremony.
Live Streaming of Ceremony
- There will be a live stream of the Commencement ceremony at www.championforest.org/specialevent.
Graduation Ceremony Etiquette
- Celebration should be respectful of other members of the graduating class. Every graduate would like for family and friends to hear his or her name called when receiving a certificate or degree.
- Graduates and guests should keep talking and movement during the ceremony to a minimum.
- Please leave all personal belongings (cell phones, purses, etc.) with your guests, as you will not be allowed to check in with these items.
- Balloons, floral arrangements, and noisemakers will not be allowed in the ceremony.
- No food or drinks will be allowed in the ceremony.
- Remember to have fun as you take this very important step towards personal and professional enrichment.
- Participants in the ceremony must wear the approved cap and gown, which will be available from the LSC-University Park Bookstore in April.
- Graduates will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement ceremony with unapproved alterations or adornments to caps and gowns. Phi Theta Kappa and Psi Beta members may wear their stoles and medallions.
- A professional photographer from Flash Photography will take a photograph as you are recognized on stage. Photographs may be taken by your family and guests from their seats; however, no one is permitted to block the aisles.
- Flash Photography may be reached at 888.325.3930.
Applying for Graduation:
In order to participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must apply for graduation. Spring applications are due now.
In order for your name to be in the Commencement program, Summer graduation applicants must apply by Sunday, April 1.
We cannot guarantee your name will be in the program after Sunday, April 1st. Please see link below for instructions on completing the online graduation application.
Commencement Information Letter
Information about the ceremony will be sent to all University Park graduation applicants’ My.Lonestar email accounts by late March/early April. In addition, candidates for graduation will also receive a letter in the mail with detailed information about the ceremony. If you have not received this letter by Friday, April 6, please contact UPGraduation@Lonestar.edu from your My.Lonestar email, with your student ID number.
Celebration of Success
Graduates are invited to enjoy hors d’ouevres with LSC-University Park President Shah Ardalan on Wednesday, April 25 from 2 to 4 p.m. in B13.210 (Multipurpose Room). Graduates are encouraged to honor an LSC-University Park professor or staff member by inviting them to attend this special event. More information about this event, including RSVP information, will be sent to your My.Lonestar email.
Students must attend one of the following Commencement orientations to participate in Commencement. All orientations will take place in B13.210 (Multipurpose Room, across from Advising offices). You will receive an email to your My.Lonestar email account in late March/early April to RSVP for one of these sessions. If you do not receive this email, please contact UPGraduation@lonestar.edu.
- Tuesday, April 24: 10 - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 24: 3 - 4 p.m.
- Monday, April 30: 3 - 4 p.m.
- Monday, April 30: 6 - 7 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3: 3 - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3: 6 - 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 7: 10 - 11 a.m.
Due to limited seating, we kindly request that only graduates attend the Commencement orientation.
In order to participate in the ceremony, students must RSVP no later than Friday, May 4. RSVP information will be in the letter sent to all graduation applicants in late March/early April.
Please remember to check your My.Lonestar email for important updates about Commencement and your graduation status.
If you have any questions, please email UPGraduation@LoneStar.edu from your My.Lonestar email address.
The ceremony will take place in the Worship Center (labeled WC on the map).