Lone Star College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees. Contact the SACS Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lone Star College.
- View our Institution Details from the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- LSC Student Success Goals and Achievement Data
Program Specific Accreditations
In addition to regional accreditation, certain LSC programs also carry specialized program specific accreditations:
The Automotive Technology Program at LSC-North Harris is accredited by the National Automotive Technician Education Foundation and has full Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification.
- Automotive Technology AAS degree
- Automotive Service Technician Certificate Level II
- Automotive Service Technician Certificate Level I
- Automotive Technician
- General Automotive Service Technician Certificate I
- General Automotive Service Technician Workforce Certificate
Construction programs at LSC-North Harris are accredited by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Carpentry NCCER Workforce Certificate
- HVAC NCCER Workforce Certificate
- Ironworking NCCER Workforce Certificate
- Pipefitting NCCER Workforce Certificate
- Welding NCCER Workforce Certificate
The Dental Hygiene Program at LSC-Kingwood is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Echocardiography
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program at LSC-CyFair is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography AAS Degree
- Echocardiography AAS Degree
- Sonography Non-Invasive Vascular Technology Advanced Technical Certificate
Emergency Medical Services
The Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Emergency Medical Services Professions AAS Degree
- Emergency Medical Services Professions Intermediate Certificate
- Emergency Medical Services Professions Paramedic Certificate
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Basic
The Massage Therapy program is accredited by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
The Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education.
Medical Information Technology
The Medical Information Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education.
Medical Radiologic Technology
The Medical Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Medical Radiologic Technology AAS Degree
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Advanced Technical Certificate
- Computed Tomography Advanced Technical Certificate
The Nursing program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Nursing AAS Degree (Block Curriculum)
- Nursing AAS Degree (Integrated Curriculum)
- Transition to Professional Nursing for Articulating Students AAS Degree (Integrated Curriculum)
The Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
Oil & Gas Drilling
The Oil & Gas Drilling Floorhand-Roustabout program is accredited by the International Association of Drilling Contractors Gateway™ Program.
The Pharmacy Management program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) since 2007.
The Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
The Respiratory Care program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
The Surgical Technology program at LSC-Tomball is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) located at 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater FL 33763 (Phone: 727.210.2359).
Accreditation is achieved upon the recommendations by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC-STSA), located at 6 West Dry Creek Circle, Suite 110, Littleton CO, 80120 (Phone: 303.694.9262).
The Veterinary Technology program at LSC-Tomball is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association and students are eligible to take all State and National Board examinations to become licensed veterinary technician (LVT) in Texas to work in all areas of animal health care.