| Recent Catalogs & Addenda
03-04 Catalog & Addenda
2003-2004 Lone Star College System Catalog
2003-2004 Addendum to the Catalog
This page contains the latest information and on-going additions and revisions to the printed catalog.
Course Additions & Revisions Effective Fall 2003
Computer Graphic Arts Technology
- The title for ARTC 2348 in the Description of Courses section of the catalog is incorrect; it should be Digital Publishing III (not Electronic Publishing III). The course description listed in the catalog for this course is incorrect and should be: "A project-based page layout course from concept to completion addressing design problems, preflight of files, color separations, and trapping techniques."
- RTVB 1325 TV Studio Production: Co-requisites are None.
Computer Information Technology
- For ITNW 2452 Administering SQL Server and ITNW 2453 Supporting Proxy Services, the prerequisite listings are incorrect. For both courses, the prerequisites should be None.
- The following courses are listed in error in the 2003-2004 Catalog and are not being offered for the 2003-2004 academic year: ITNW 1419, ITNW 1471, ITNW 2401, ITNW 2451, and ITSW 2331.
Engineering Design Graphics Technology
- For ENTC 1423 Strength of Materials the catalog course description listing is incorrect. The course description should be "Study of the relationship between externally applied forces and internally induced stresses and the resulting deformations in structural members".
Logistics Management Program
- This program will be offered starting in Fall 2004 at Lone Star College–CyFair
- BUSI 2372 Business Analysis: Prerequisite is MATH 1324.
Medical Assisting Program
- This program will be offered starting in Fall 2004 at North Harris College and Lone Star College–CyFair.
Medical Radiologic Technology
- The prerequisite for MRIT 2171, 2330, 2334, 2360, and 2361 is “Admission to program”.
- The listing for the contact hours for MRMT 1266 is incorrect, it should be 14 hours external.
- New course RNSG 1205 added for Fall 2003
Nursing Specialization AAS, Block Curriculum - Revised for Fall 2003
RNSG 1209 replaced RNSG 1309 in the second semester;
RNSG 1201 replaced RNSG 1301 in the third semester;
RNSG 2260 replaced RNSG 2160 in the fifth semester;
RNSG 2360 replaced RNSG 2262 in the last semester
- Vocational Nursing Certificate -- Correction: on page 82 of the 03-04 catalog, the Program Code should be listed as C2.PRN2.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
- The listing for the contact hours for OTHA 1319 is incorrect, it should also have 3 hrs. lab. included.
UPDATE TO PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
- A legal assistant or paralegal is a person, qualified by education, training or work experience who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. Paralegals assist attorneys, but may not practice law, and the lawyer is responsible for all work delegated to the paralegal.
- The following humanities/fine arts electives satisfy both the Paralegal Studies AAS and American Bar Association General Education Requirements: ARTS 1301, 1303, 1304; DANC 2303; DRAM 1310, 2366; ENGL 2307, 2322, 2323, 2327, 2328, 2332, 2333, 2341, 2342, 2343; FREN 2311, 2312; GERM 2311, 2312; HIST 2311, 2312, 2321, 2322; HUMA 1301; ITAL 2311, 2312; MUSI 1306, 1310; PHIL 1301, 1304, 2306, 2316, 2317, 2321; RELI 1311, 1312; SPAN 2311, 2312; SPCH 2341
- LGLA 2380 is no longer being offered and is listed in error in the 2003-2004 catalog for the Paralegal Studies Certificate and the Paralegal Studies AAS degree.
Course Additions & Revisions Effective Spring 2004
- New course AGRI 2330: Wildlife Conservation and Management added
Child Development and Family Studies
- The following courses were added to the program:
CDEC 1326: Administration of Programs For Young Children
CDEC 1341: CDA Preparation For Assessment
CDEC 1457: Math and Science For Early Childhood
CDEC 2436: Administration of Programs For Children III
- New course ENGL 0308: Language Skills Workshop added
Please note title changes for the following:
ENGL 0311: ESL Reading and Vocabulary Development I (previously ESL Reading and Vocabulary Development III)
ENGL 0312: ESL Reading and Vocabulary Development II (previously ESL Reading and Vocabulary Development IV)
INMT 1391 Special Topics in Metal Cutting Practices will change to INMT 1371 Local Needs Metal Cutting Practices. INMT 1371 replaces INMT 1391 in the Computer Numeric Control Operator I Certificate.
Prior Learning Assessment credit available through G-CAPE External Exam for German 1411, 1412, 2311 and 2312
Correction to CLEP exam scores listed in the 03-04 Catalog for Spanish, French and German are as follows:
50-54 1411, 1412
55-60 1411, 1412, 2311
61-80 1411, 1412, 2311, 2312, 2306
The following courses are part of the nursing block curriculum:
RNSG 1201: Pharmacology
RNSG 1209: Introduction to Nursing
RNSG 2260: Clinical: RN Training
RNSG 2360: Clinical: RN Training
The following courses were added:
SPCH 1342: Voice and Diction
SPCH 2333: Discussion and Small Group Communication