New System Website Update
• Robin gave a brief overview of the new website and asked council for input as to design and navigation.
• Robin has requested new survey using different demographics.
• Ben Leal (Montgomery will be assisting with the CE website in the future. Robin Garrett will invite John King and Jen Murillo to attend the next meeting with at least 45 minutes dedicated to this discussion.
New Program Development
• Linda introduced Megan Costanza, new program manager for workforce development. Linda noted that the funding requests had been sent to the presidents.
CE Forms Update- CE Workgroup
Linda has been working with Roz Moidel, and the final version is in progress. The transcripts will be red for CE and blue for credit.
• Class Roster
Kathy Bible is chair and stated that mock-up had been submitted to council for approval. Council asked for resubmission of form as vetted by workgroup.
• Course/instructor evaluation
Since Mike Green's departure, the use of the scanners has been in limbo and has not been supported by OTS. Linda Luehrs-Wolfe is also researching. Question was posed as to using another tool such as Survey Monkey in the interim.
Christina will contact Kathy for resubmission in November.
Linda will contact Shah and Linda Luehrs-Wolfe for further clarification as to commitment and process for credit side.
(10:30) CE Spring 2009 Schedule, update:
• Schedule Marketing Committee
• o Cover, ads and design layout
• Schedule Content Committee
• o Timeline
• o Issues
• o Policy List
Steve Lestarjette/Jed Young
1 Teacher Certification
The model was developed at Kingwood about seven years ago. Since then, it has replicated with modifications at other colleges and lacks consistency. Dell Burditt/Susan Bedwell will create summary document with estimates for budget, instructional pay, mileage, etc. as well as rationale to submit to the council in November.
Linda will schedule a system-wide meeting on November 11 for teacher certification representatives.
Data Needs (Tabled) Siobhan Fleming
CE Payment Plans (Tabled) Diane Novak
4 State Reporting:
• Field for ALL and adult leisure grades - (delete it)- For vote item (Tabled) Linda Head
Confirm Next Meeting Date/Time Place November 4, Noon-4:00, room 112 Training and Development Center.