LSC-CyFair Winter 2015 Mini-Mester
The following is helpful information for enrolling in the December 2015 Mini-Mester.
All students applying for the Winter Mini-Mester must follow Lone Star College admissions guidelines.
All students are encouraged to visit Advising Services throughout their undergraduate studies at LSC-CyFair. The academic advisement process includes meeting with an advisor to develop an academic plan that will ensure students are making appropriate decisions concerning their academic goals.
Counseling Services have professionals who are trained to assist you in meeting your academic, career, and personal goals. Change, stress, and personal growth are all elements of the college experience. Counseling Services are dedicated to helping you succeed through a variety of services.
View the Academic Calendar to see our detailed registration schedule.
Registration for the Winter Mini-Mester begins November 11, 2015.
Classes begin December 14, 2015
Due date is December 4, 2015. After this date payment is due upon registration.
|Winter Mini-Term (3 week)||December 14 - January 3|
|Winter Mini-Term (4 week)||December 14 - January 10|
|Winter Holidays for Mini-Term||December 25 and January 1|
An overload is defined as attempting more than 18 credit hours in the fall or spring terms. An overload during any term must be approved by the academic vice president or designee. A student may take only one course during the Mini-Mester.
3-Week Winter Mini-Mester Classes
Start Date: December 14, 2015 — End Date: January 3, 2016
Face-to-Face classes held Monday-Friday
|ENGL||1301||Y012||Comp & Rhetoric I||Online|
|ENGL||1301||F001||Comp & Rhetoric I||Online|
|ENGL||1301||5001||Comp & Rhetoric I||Face-to-Face|
|ENGL||1301||5002||Comp & Rhetoric I||Face-to-Face|
|ENGL||1301||5003||Comp & Rhetoric I||Online|
|ENGL||1301||5004||Comp & Rhetoric I||Online|
|ENGL||1302||Y009||Comp & Rhetoric II||Online|
|ENGL||1302||5001||Comp & Rhetoric II||Face-to-Face|
|ENGL||1302||5002||Comp & Rhetoric II||Face-to-Face|
|ENGL||1302||5003||Comp & Rhetoric II||Online|
|ENGL||1302||5004||Comp & Rhetoric II||Online|
|ENGL||2328||5005||American Lit Civil War - Present||Online|
|FIRT||1291||5001||ST Fire Arson Investigation 3||Face-to-Face|
|GEOG||1303||F001||World Regional Geography||Online|
|HIST||1301||F011||US History to 1877||Online|
|HIST||1301||5001||US History to 1877||Face-to-Face|
|HIST||1301||5002||US History to 1877||Online|
|HIST||1301||5003||US History to 1877||Online|
|HIST||1302||5001||US History Since 1877||Face-to-Face|
|HIST||1302||5002||US History Since 1877||Online|
|HIST||1302||5061||US History Since 1877||Online|
|SPCH||1311||F002||Intro to Communication||Online|
|SPCH||1321||5013||Business and Prof Comm||Online|
4-Week Winter Mini-Mester Classes
Start Date: December 14, 2015 — End Date: January 10, 2016
Face-to-Face classes held Monday-Friday
|ACCT||2401||5001||Prin. of Financial Accounting||Online|
|ACCT||2401||5003||Prin. of Financial Accounting||Online|
|ACCT||2402||5001||Prin. Managerial Accounting||Online|
|BCIS||1305||5019||Business Computer Apps||Online|
|COSC||1301||5039||Intro to Computers||Online|
|PHED||1164||5067||Intro-Physical Fitness & Wellness||Hybrid|
|PHED||1164||5068||Intro-Physical Fitness & Wellness||Hybrid|
|PHED||1164||5069||Intro-Physical Fitness & Wellness||Hybrid|
|PHED||1164||5070||Intro-Physical Fitness & Wellness||Hybrid|
|PHIL||1301||5014||Intro to Phil||Online|
Payment for the Mini-Mester tuition and fees is due in FULL by December 4, 2015. These classes are NOT eligible for a payment plan. For more information, visit our Payment page.
|Credit Hours||Resident of District1||Out-of-District2||International/Out-of-State3|
- Resident of district: Includes tuition at the rate of $42 per credit hour, a $9 per credit hour technology fee, a $2 per credit hour student activity fee, a $7 per credit hour general use fee, a registration fee of $12 and a facility use fee of $20. Applies to U.S. citizens who are residents of Aldine, Conroe, Cy-Fair, Humble, Klein, Magnolia, New Caney, Splendora, Spring, Tomball and Willis Independent School Districts.
- Out-of-district: Applies to U.S. citizens who are residents of Texas but do not reside in the college district. Includes the same tuition and fees as in-district students, plus a $70 per credit hour out-of-district fee.
- International/Out-of-state: Applies to all other students. By legislative action the tuition may not be less than $200 (minimum tuition). Includes the same tuition and fees as in-district students, plus an $85 per credit hour international/out-of-state fee.
- You must have a completed 2015-2016 financial aid file to establish eligibility.
- Transient students will not be eligible for Mini-Mester aid. Students must be enrolled as a full year, Fall only, or Spring only student.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress. Click here to view the written standards.
- If you are awarded financial aid for Spring 2016, your Mini-Mester charges will be applied to your Spring 2016 semester charges. Please note, SAP will not be run until after the Winter Mini-Mester term begins. Therefore if you are not meeting SAP, your aid may be cancelled and you will be responsible for payment.
- Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
- cultivates life-long learning in a positive and caring atmosphere;
- supports classroom instruction and overall student success;
- challenges and motivates individuals as they strive for and attain personal and academic growth.
At present all tutoring except English (in the Writing Center) is on a drop-in basis.
Tutoring Available from December 14 to December 31
Hours: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: CASA 111
Closed: December 25 and January 1
Send an e-mail to CyFair.Registration@lonestar.edu from your myLoneStar student e-mail account and include:
- Your full name
- Your student ID number
- The class information for the class you would like to add/drop. (Class information consists of the Course Number, Course Subject, Section Number and Class Number)