LSC-CyFair Child Watch
Child Watch Program Overview
The Langham Creek Family YMCA, in partnership with LSC-CyFair, conveniently offers a child care program to students attending classes at the college. Our experienced staff is dedicated to meeting the physical, emotional, and intellectual needs of your child in a loving, safe, fun, and nurturing environment at a low cost to our students.
To register your child, go to Student Services in CASA 103. Turn in completed registration forms (Word doc), health requirements, and a copy of your child’s immunization records along with the signed health care professional’s statement (Word doc). You will be asked to provide the days and times of your child care needs for the semester. You will be given a Payment Worksheet with the amount due and may pay at this time at the payment counter. Payment reserves your child’s space in the class.
If you are in need of child care outside of your regular schedule (drop-in care), you may inquire within Student Services or call 281.290.3235 ahead of time to see if space is available. If space is available you must make payment at Student Services in advance.
Child Watch Hours
SPRING/FALL Child Watch Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||CLOSED|
SUMMER Child Watch Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Friday - Sunday||CLOSED|
Age of Children Accepted in the Program
Children 3 - 9 years old accepted during all open hours.
- Parents are required to have hearing and vision tests conducted and to provide current immunization records for each child that they enroll in the Child Watch program. Please see immunization records and hearing and vision section of Parent Policy Handbook (Word doc) for an explanation.
- Child care is offered to parents registered in classes with LSC-CyFair, and registered in the Child Watch Program through LSC-CyFair.
- Because of licensing restraints, no more than 17 children will be in care at any given time.
- Parents registered in classes and in the Child Watch program must remain on campus the entire time their child is in care.
- Care is provided for children 3-9 years old.
- All children participating in the Child Watch program must be at least 3 years of age and potty trained at the time of registration. Caregivers are not permitted to change diapers or pull ups, and can only assist children with toileting. Please take children to the restroom before leaving them with caregivers. If a child soils their clothing, the parent will be paged to change the child promptly.
Contact the Child Watch Center
Barker Cypress Campus