CIT 110807 Minutes
Computer Information Technology & Business Program Managers
Members: Robin Garrett (KW), Craig Coleman (NH), Frances Andrews (KW), Patty Harakal (MC), Donna Daughdrill (TC), Chairidee Smith (CF), Janet Taber (CF), David Boden (MC-Conroe)
November 8, 2007 – Phone Conference
Due to conflicts, the meeting at Parkway was changed to a phone conference.
Attended: Craig Coleman, Patty Harakal and Robin Garrett
Agenda Item / Discussion
1. Ed2Go Pricing
Priscilla changed prices in Colleague, we manually change until January when the section is built. Robin will notify Ed2Go to update pricing on their site for all colleges the last week of November.
2. Ed2Go new program
Issue with courses being credit related -
• Principles of Marketing
• Medical Mathematics
• Medical Information Management and Office Practice
• Math for Business and Finance
• Managerial Accounting
• Introduction to Business
• Introduction to Biology
• English Composition
• Introduction to Macroeconomics
• Confidentiality of Health
Information is sketchy from Ed2go on these courses and the difference between the courses listed as:
• Independent study; students set their own pace and have four months to complete their course
• Open enrollment; students may start whenever they’re ready (and payment is verified)
• Expert instructor assistance; available to answer any questions by email and telephone
• Reference textbook; included in the price and mailed directly to the student – an additional resource to expand and re-enforce what they’re learning online
Craig will let us know when he sees these populate in our inventory so we can block if necessary.
3. Proposed Pricing The proposed pricing this group forwarded to CE Council was discussed, however, CE Council decided not to move forward with any price increases at this time.
4. CIF – How’s it working for you? Still having problems with delay in assigning numbers. Would like an email when the number is assigned so we do not have to go out to look for it.
5. CE FAQ page Robin forwarded the CE FAQ link that was given to Dr. Sawma to pass on to CE Council for feedback. Craig and Patty will research some of the items to be sure the process is the same on their campus and let Robin know. That information will be forwarded to Rika.
6. Next Meeting We have a new member – Janet Taber. She notified me that she has a standing meeting at the original recurring meeting time of 2:30 on the second Thursday of each month. According to everyone’s calendar, the first Monday of every month at 2:30 looks clear. Robin sent a new meeting request and hopefully this will work for everyone.