Office of Technology Services
| LSC-North Harris OTS
| LSC-North Harris Procedures
Computer Purchasing - Who Buys What?
It is the responsibility of OTS to develop and centrally manage the Colleges computer replacement cycle. It is also OTS's responsibility to seek funding to support the replacement cycle. As with any plan there are exceptions they are as follows:
- If a department is adding a new position OTS will provide the computer equipment. To make this work the department must notify OTS once the new position has been approved.
- If a new hire is replacing a current position OTS will do the following:
- If the computer is over 4 years old we will attempt to replace the computer before the new hire starts.
- If the computer is under 4 years old it will not be replaced until the normal hardware rotation cycle.
- The OTS is responsible for future replacement of all computer hardware on campus.
- If a department receives computer hardware as part of a grant the hardware will not be added to the college's replacement cycle unless prior arrangements had been made.