Richard J. Larson
CE Lead Construction Trades Instructor
Worked at Lone Star College Since
Area of Expertise
Twenty-five years of industry experience as heavy equipment mechanic, certified pipe welder, heavy equipment operator in mining and highway construction, College Instructor, College Administrator, Business owner and General contractor in Alaska.
Degrees, Certifications, & Qualifications
- B.S. Fisheries Biology
- M.S. Vocational Education
- Certified Welding Inspector (AWS) 28 years
- Certified Welding Educator 25 years
- NCCER Certified to teach welding, ironworking, pipefitting, boiler making, heavy equipment operations, and millwright
- API 653 Above Ground Tank Inspector
Executive Director, Houston Areas Construction Education Collaborative (HACEC)
General contractor doing mechanical and construction projects for municipalities, logging companies and mining companies above ground and underground mining. Owner of a fabrication shop and boat yard in Alaska.
College instructor at University of Alaska Southeast, Ilisagvik College, Barrow AK, Lake Washington Technical College, Kent WA, College Dean of Vocational Technical Programs for Big Bend Community College, Reedley College, Reedley, CA and West Hills College, Coalinga, CA. College Instructor at Lone Star College, Houston, TX