Keep this in mind when speaking to an advisor regarding dual credit courses:
- Grades in dual credit classes become a permanent part of your college record.
- Students must maintain a grade of "C" or better to remain in the program.
- Participation in dual credit courses may cause you to be ineligible for University Interscholastic League competition. Check with your high school counselor for details.
- Compare the college and high school calendars. These are not always the same.
- Withdrawal from a dual credit course requires notification of your high school and completion of the necessary paperwork at your Lone Star College.
Note: Determination that a college course meets the high school TEKS/learning outcomes for a particular high school course is the responsibility of the school district or private/charter/home school. Lone Star College does not identify courses as meeting any particular TEA requirements for high school graduation. Lone Star College-Online has designed some online dual credit courses to meet the TEKS, but additional outcomes required by any school/district will need to be supplemented by that school/district. All decisions regarding a student's high school graduation plan should be determined by their school counselor/administrator.
|LSC-CyFair||Dual Credit||CyFair Dual Credit Advisor||281.290.3426|
|LSC-North Harris||Cathleen Tyson-Ferrol||Cathleen.A.Tyson-Ferrol
|LSC-University Park||Cheryl Rader||Cheryl.K.Rader
Dual Credit Registration
Dual Credit Registration (ISD, Charter, and Private Schools) for Spring 2017:
Deadline is December 1, 2016-please see your High School counselor for more information
Dual Credit Registration (Homeschool) for Spring 2017:
Please see your Dual Credit Representative on campus
|Download the Dual Credit Brochure|
|Download the Student Handbook|
|Download the Code of Conduct|
|Download the Registration Guide|
Contact an Advisor