Dual Credit Online
Why Online Dual Credit?
- Expands accessibility to rigorous, relevant, online college credit courses.
- Students may attend class 24/7 - from the convenience of their high school campus or from home.
- Builds in additional flexibility for students trying to juggle a demanding personal schedule.
- Online classes provide opportunities for students to receive direct and timely feedback through open communication outside of the traditional classroom.
- Online instruction may provide a more comfortable environment which encourages students to participate in discussions and projects. Many students normally shy in a traditional classroom become more engaged and responsive in an online class.
- Courses offered use technology that are already familiar to students, such as pod casts, RSS feeds, blogs, Instant Messaging, wikis, etc.
- Online dual credit assists school districts in finding college credentialed faculty (may also help districts in meeting the demands of 4x4).
- Provides a secure environment for high school students to participate in college opportunities.
- Assists students in completing prerequisite courses that may be required for acceptance to college programs (e.g., Health Science programs).
- Students have the opportunity to accelerate their time to completion of a high school and/or college certificate or degree.
- Specially trained college faculty for dual credit online instruction.
Student Support for Online Dual Credit
- Increased interaction between students, school district partners, and college faculty via chat, instant message, email, phone, or discussion forums.
- College advising support available.
- Computer technical support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Analytics identify specific areas to be improved, then automatically refer students to appropriate modules for reinforcement and/or tutorial assistance.
- Our LSC Student Services site has resources in tutoring, library research, disability services and other support areas for you.
Ready to be an online learner?
Take our SmarterMeasure Assessment to find out!
Username: lscstudent | Password: lonestar
Dual Credit Registration
Dual Credit Registration (ISD, Charter, and Private Schools) for Spring 2017:
Deadline is December 1, 2016-please see your High School counselor for more information
Dual Credit Registration (Homeschool) for Spring 2017:
Please see your Dual Credit Representative on campus
|Download the Dual Credit Brochure|
|Download the Student Handbook|
|Download the Code of Conduct|
|Download the Registration Guide|
Contact an Advisor