Dual Credit Testing
Test Information & Test Prep
Test Prep at LSC
Did you know that Lone Star College offers a test prep course to assist you in preparing for the e-Compass or Accuplacer test? For additional information please read our flyer.
ACT Test Preparation Tips
Are you getting ready for the ACT? Check out helpful Test Prep tips on the ACT website.
SAT Test Preparation Tips
As the SAT approaches, here are some tips that will help you to do your best on test day.
Before Test Day - Get organized
Make sure you have two No. 2 pencils and a soft eraser. A No. 2 pencil is required to answer the essay and the multiple-choice questions. Mechanical pencils are not allowed. Pens are not allowed.
- Have your SAT Admission Ticket and acceptable photo ID ready. You will need your Admission Ticket and photo ID for admission to the test center.
- Check your calculator and put fresh batteries in it. You will need a scientific or graphing calculator for the SAT Reasoning TestTM and Subject Tests in Mathematics. Some questions on the Subject Tests in Mathematics are best solved with a graphing calculator.
- Locate a watch to take with you. You can use a watch that has no audible alarm to time yourself-separate timers are not allowed.
- Prepare snacks to bring with you. You may stow food and drinks under your chair or desk and consume them outside the testing room during breaks. A healthy snack will go a long way in keeping you alert during the entire test.
Are you looking for something to do this summer to keep your mind stimulated? Check out free test preparation modules and start working on SAT/ACT prep. http://www.testprepreview.com/modules/algebra1c.htm.
Lone Star College http://www.lonestar.edu/test-preparation.htm
SAT Test Dates: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/calenfees.html
- Get Familiar. Learn the content and format of each test.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!
- Get your rest. Get plenty of sleep the night before the test, and leave yourself enough time to get to the test site. Arrive at least 30 minutes before the exam and bring the necessary materials to the test site: admissions ticket, photo identification, several pre-sharpened pencils with good erasers, and a calculator.
- During the test, remember to:
read the directions and questions carefully
answer easy questions first
use logical reasoning and process of elimination for tougher questions
review your work
be precise in marking your answer document
erase wrong answers completely
The most important advice: Stay cool, calm, and collected. Don't let the test stress you out.
Practice tests and tricks for staying calm
http://www.4tests.com | http://www.review.com | http://www.number2.com | http://www.act.org/aap/index.html
College Testing and Preparation
http://www.kaptest.com | http://www.ets.org | http://www.applytexas.org | http://www.princetonreview.com
Back to Top