F-1 Student Admissions
Apply for F-1 Student Admission
Before your application will be considered, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete the online application for admission AND
- Complete the Admissions Checklist. This document includes forms that you will need to email to the DSO/International Student Advisor at the campus you plan to attend. To avoid delays, do not submit documents to multiple campuses.
Apply for a F-1 Student Visa
The admission procedures outlined below are required for the Lone Star College (LSC) F-1 student admissions process and the issuance of the Form I-20. The student will receive an acceptance letter and Form I-20 if all admission requirements have been met. After being admitted to LSC, the student is solely responsible for applying for an F-1 visa or change of status with the U.S. Government or transferring their SEVIS record if already an F-1 student at another U.S. institution.
For guidance on visas and change of status, please refer to https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students for each applicant type.
- New Applicants: ?Admission requirements for applicants, who have never enrolled at any LSC campuses, are applying from their home country as a high school graduate or transfer from a non-U.S. college or university.
- Transfer Applicants: ?Admission requirements for applicants transferring from another U.S. Institution. F1 transfer applicants who have completed a program of study at either a U.S. institution (high school, language school. College/university, etc) must be admitted and transfer their SEVIS records no later than 60 days after program completion in order to remain in status per F-1 visa regulations.
Applicants currently in the U.S. requesting an “Initial Form I-20”: Admission requirements for applicants who are currently in the U.S on another visa type and plan to depart the U.S to apply for their F-1 visa/status must complete the following steps.
Applicants currently in the U.S. seeking to change their status to F1 (Change of status applicants): Admission requirements for applicants who are currently in the U.S. on another visa type and wish to study on an F-1 visa, applying to USCIS for a change of status while in the country.If the applicant meets the admission requirements, Lone Star College will issue the Form I-20 for change of status. LSC does not provide any immigration advice to change of status students. We request that you seek assistance from an experienced immigration attorney for your needs. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has special instructions and rules for change of status students. Please see this website for more details: https://www.uscis.gov/i-53
F-1 students with Form I-20 from another institution seeking to pursue concurrent enrollment. Admission requirements for F-1 visa students whose SEVIS record will remain with another institution but would like to take some classes at LSC.
Complete your F-1 Student Admission
- Schedule a meeting with your DSO/International Student Advisor AND
- Complete the Accepted F-1 Student Checklist.
- Certain programs of study such as health care programs have additional admission requirements. Please check with the particular academic program for more information.
- Official transcripts must be submitted to the Lone Star College admissions office prior to registering for classes
- Applicants who listed previous college attendance in the New Student Online Application will be required to submit official transcripts from all institutors attended and if required a certified translation before registering for classes
- Documents submitted at the time of admission become LSC property and will not be released back to the student or other institutions.
F-1 Orientation [Required]: Each campus provides a mandatory orientation session specifically for new and transfer international students. This is different from the New Student Orientation (NSO) that is required for new students by each campus.
Medical Insurance [Required]: Lone Star College (LSC) requires that all F-1 visa international students, with a Lone Star College (LSC) issued I-20, maintain health insurance coverage as a condition of enrollment.
Use the email addresses below to contact the DSO/ISA at the campus you plan to attend.
Hiam El Dahouk
Student Conf. Center 128
Student Services Bldg 108A
Sarah E. James
Building 13, Office 220-G
|Register for Classes|
|Maps and Tours|
Tuition & Fees
|Browse the Catalog|
- Fall Semester
April 1 - July 1
- Spring Semester
September 15 - November 1
- Fall Semester:
April 1 - August 15
- Spring Semester:
September 15 - December 15
No less than 60 days from:
- Current I-94 Admission Card/Record Expiration Date
- 21st birthday for dependents on certain visa types