F-1 Student Admissions
Apply for F-1 Student Admission
Before your application will be considered, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete the online application for admission
- Complete the Admissions Checklist below as applicable to you.
- If you are a new applicant: Apply under New Credit Students
- If you applied or enrolled previously, less than 2 years ago: Apply under Returning Credit Students
This list includes forms that you will need to email to the DSO/International Student Advisor at the campus you plan to attend. To avoid delays, do not submit documents to multiple campuses.
Apply for a F-1 Student Visa
The admission procedures outlined below are required for the Lone Star College (LSC) F-1 student admissions process and the issuance of the Form I-20. The student will receive an acceptance letter and Form I-20 if all admission requirements have been met. After being admitted to LSC, the student is solely responsible for applying for an F-1 visa or change of status with the U.S. Government or transferring their SEVIS record if already an F-1 student at another U.S. institution.
For guidance on visas and change of status, please refer to https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students for each applicant type.
- New Applicants: Admission requirements for applicants, who have never enrolled at any LSC campuses, are applying from their home country as a high school graduate or transfer from a non-U.S. college or university.
- Transfer Applicants: Admission requirements for applicants transferring from another U.S. Institution. F1 transfer applicants who have completed a program of study at either a U.S. institution (high school, language school. College/university, etc) must be admitted and transfer their SEVIS records no later than 60 days after program completion in order to remain in status per F-1 visa regulations.
Applicants currently in the U.S. requesting an “Initial Form I-20”: Admission requirements for applicants who are currently in the U.S on another visa type and plan to depart the U.S to apply for their F-1 visa/status must complete the following steps.
Applicants currently in the U.S. seeking to change their status to F1 (Change of status applicants): Admission requirements for applicants who are currently in the U.S. on another visa type and wish to study on an F-1 visa, applying to USCIS for a change of status while in the country.If the applicant meets the admission requirements, Lone Star College will issue the Form I-20 for change of status. LSC does not provide any immigration advice to change of status students. We request that you seek assistance from an experienced immigration attorney for your needs. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has special instructions and rules for change of status students. Please see this website for more details: https://www.uscis.gov/i-53
F-1 students with Form I-20 from another institution seeking to pursue concurrent enrollment. Admission requirements for F-1 visa students whose SEVIS record will remain with another institution but would like to take some classes at LSC.
Accepted International Students
F-1 Orientation [Required]: Each campus provides a mandatory orientation session specifically for new and transfer international students. This is different from the New Student Orientation (NSO) that is required for new students by each campus.
Medical Insurance [Required]: Lone Star College (LSC) requires that all F-1 visa international students, with a Lone Star College (LSC) issued I-20, maintain health insurance coverage as a condition of enrollment.
Complete the Accepted F-1 Student Checklist.
Use the email addresses below to contact the DSO/ISA at the campus you plan to attend.
Hiam El Dahouk
Kingwood - SCC 133
Student Services Bldg 108A
Sarah E. James
Building 13, Office 220-G
LSC - International Student Admissions Questions
|Register for Classes|
|Maps and Tours|
Tuition & Fees
|Browse the Catalog|
April 1 - July 1
September 15 - November 1
April 1 - August 15
September 15 - December 15
Change-of-Status applications are processed only for one semester at a time based on specific eligibility criteria.The campus ISA/DSO must receive your application on or before:
July 1 (For program start date in August)
November 1 (For program start date in January)