- What will I need to take a test?
- What kind of tests does the Testing Center offer?
- How will I know about time limits?
- Where can I get a Scantron?
- If I have my books or backpack, does the Test Center have a place to store them while I'm testing?
- The only time I can take a test is during lunch. Can I eat my lunch while I am testing?
- I conduct business via a pager or cell phone. Will I be allowed to use them in the Test Center?
- If I need to borrow more scratch paper am I allowed to borrow from another student in the Test Center?
- If I start a test but don't finish it, can I come back the next day to finish it?
You need a photo ID, instructors name, sign in before taking a test, pencil or pen, scantron, calculator, etc.
The Testing center offers the following:
- Computer exams
- Make-up (missed) exams
- Grammar Proficiency Exam (GPE) makeup tests for Form A; administration of Forms B and C
- Compass ESL
- Extra time required by special needs students
- Tests from other Lone Star College System Colleges by special arrangement
- Distance Education tests
Faculty control all aspects of the test. Students will be informed of any testing time limits, and notified when time is up.
The Lone Star College-Kingwood bookstore has Scantrons. If the bookstore is closed, the Testing Center will sell Scantrons at 25 cents each.
Yes. Students will be asked to leave all books, backpacks, purses and any other personal items in a lockable storage compartment.
No food or drink are allowed in the Test Center.
No. All pagers and cell phones must be turned off prior to entering the Test Center. There are other students testing who may be distracted by these devices.
If I need to borrow more scratch paper am I allowed to borrow from another student in the Test Center?
Ask the proctor and more material will be furnished. Talking is not permitted in the Test Center. You will give all scratch paper to the proctor at the end of the test.
If you have prior arrangements with your instructor you may continue a test the next day. Students are expected to complete their test before closing time of the Test Center. Depending on the test, most test will not be administered within one hour of closing time.