Future F-1 Students
Thank you for your interest in the Lone Star College System (LSCS). LSCS is a fairly large, diverse international community yet small enough to make you feel welcome in a friendly environment. Helping both domestic and international students succeed is the college’s top priority.
Why Lone Star College?
- Lone Star College provides the first two years of a university education at a fraction of the cost of a four-year university.
- Classes are small with qualified faculty and staff dedicated to making your educational experience a value for your future.
- Associate degrees are available in a variety of subjects.
- Partnerships between LSCS and four-year universities allow students to transfer seamlessly to earn their bachelor’s degrees.
- International Student Advisors are available at each campus to assist F-1 students with admissions, academic planning, immigration status, medical insurance and other advising needs.
Enrollment at any of our six campuses involves five processes: admission, visa approval by the U.S. government, orientation, advisement and course registration.
Please read the F-1 Visa Student Admissions page for information on the admissions process.
Attending Lone Star College
Students outside of the U.S. wishing to study at Lone Star College can apply for an F-1 visa. The terms of this visa require you to be full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours each semester) and be in good standing with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) while studying in the United States.
Once you have been accepted for admission by one of the Lone Star colleges, your advisor will send you a welcome packet containing a SEVIS I-20 form, which you will use to obtain your F-1 student visa at a local U.S. embassy or consulate.
Prior to interviewing for the student visa, you will be required to pay the SEVIS fee via mail using the I-901 form, Western Union, or by logging on to http://www.fmjfee.com/. You must present your receipt to the U.S. embassy or consulate before being permitted to interview.
This process may vary for different embassies, and can cost several hundred dollars and take weeks or months to process, so plan early.
Enrollment at Lone Star College five processes: admission, visa approval by the U.S. government, orientation, advisement and course registration.
International Student Advisors can guide you to successful completion of your goal at Lone Star College.
Each campus provides a mandatory orientation session specifically for new and transfer international students.
- 2015 Dates
These sessions occur before the semester begins. Accepted students will be notified by their International Student Advisor/DSO of their assigned date and time in the acceptance packet. F-1 visa students should make arrangements to attend this mandatory session.
|Step1: Apply for |
|Step 2: Apply for F-1 Visa with U.S. Government|
|Step 3: Attend Orientation|
|Step 6: Meet with an Advisor|
|Step 5: Register and Pay for Classes|
|Register for Classes|
|Maps and Tours|
Tuition & Fees
|Browse the |
- July 1st - Fall Semester
- November 1st - Spring Semester