The Honors College at LSC-Tomball
Welcome to the website of The Honors College at LSC-Tomball. The Honors College has a lot to offer, including smaller class sizes, close interaction with faculty, and specialized coursework. Our students make the program outstanding. Please take the time to look around the website and familiarize yourself with the opportunities The Honors College has to offer.
To see what we have been up to and what is coming,
The Chancellor's Fellows
A limited number of incoming freshmen will be admitted as Chancellor's Honors College Fellows. The application will open mid-semester each fall. Benefits include:
- Scholarship for up to 15 credit hours per semester of in-district tuition and fees
- Book allowance up to $600 per semester
- Stipend $600 per semester
- Upon successful completion of the two-year program of study, an Honors Associate Degree (AA or AS)
- An international trip (see picture from Spring 2017 to Italy!)
Students graduating from the Honors College receive recognition for their achievements in a variety of different ways. See below for listing of graduation distinctions.
- Honors College Fellow (Medallion, Red/Gold Double Cords, Red Stole)
- Completion of Honors AA or Honors AA degree, a including minimum of 27 Honors Credits, Honors Capstone, and concomitant requirements of the Fellows Program; 3.25 GPA
- Graduate with Honors in Research (Medallion)
- Completion of 9 Honors credits; 3.5 GPA
- Graduate with High Honors in Research (Medallion, Red/Silver Double Cords)
- Completion of 15 Honors credits; 3.5 GPA
- Graduate with Highest Honors in Research (Medallion, Red/Gold Double Cords, White Stole)
- Completion of 21 Honors credits; 3.5 GPA
The Honors College offers scholarships to cover the cost of Honors classes. Scholarships are provided as available each semester and awarded based on meeting participation and GPA requirements. Apply for scholarships here: Honors College Scholarship Application
The Honors College offers select students a unique academic and co-curricular experience. Benefits include:
- Small, interactive classes
- Dedicated Honors faculty
- Internship opportunities
- Honors designation on your transcript
- Opportunity to earn Honors graduation distinctions
- Scholarships available
- Opportunities to participate in local and regional conferences
Honors Students In The News
To qualify for admission to The Honors College, a student must have at least one of the following:
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- 1240 or higher on the SAT (combined Math and Reading + Writing).
- 26 or higher composite score on the ACT.
- 3.25 GPA with 9 or more college credit hours.
For additional information, contact the Honors College office or the Honors Director at TomballHonorsCollege@lonestar.edu
Faculty...have you been thinking about offering Honors credit in the courses you teach? Do you have a great idea for a new course that you are teaching that might be perfect for Honors students? The Honors College is always looking for enthusiastic instructors to teach our courses or be a mentor for a Special Topic course. Contact the Honors Director at TomballHonorsCollege@lonestar.edu for more information.
Professor Ava Veselis
The Honors College Director