Leadership High School–North Houston
What is Leadership High School?
Leadership High School (LHS) is a leadership development and diversity awareness program for outstanding high school leaders in the Lone Star College System Service Area.
Leadership High School North-Houston is a multi-community based program committed to educating and enhancing the involvement of North Houston eleventh grade students.
Two high school juniors are selected from each participating high school in North Houston through an application process. Applications may be obtained from the counselor's office at each high school and there is no cost to the participant.
Participating School Districts are Aldine, Humble and Spring.
2015-16 Program Session Dates
- Friday, September 25 - Application Deadline
- Saturday, October 24 - Orientation
- Saturday, October 31 - Leadership Skills Retreat
- Saturday, November 14 - Government and Criminal Justice
- Saturday, December 12 - Arts and Culture
- Saturday, January 16 - Health and Human Services
- Saturday, February 13 - Economic Development
- Saturday, March 5 - Community Service Project
- Saturday, April 9 - Closing Session and Certificate Ceremony
All program sessions except for the orientation and closing session will begin and end at the LSC-North Harris campus located at 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive, Houston, TX 77073. Transportation will be provided for all activities during the sessions.