Research Databases: Science & Technology
- Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Multi-disciplinary database; full text of articles from over 5,300 journals, magazines and newspapers, plus image collections.
- Computer Source
(EBSCO) Full text for nearly 300 publications on computer science, programming, AI, information systems, robotics, and software.
(EBSCO) A unique perspective on the positive and negative ways humans affect the environment is offered. Nearly 300,000 records, full text for selected titles and searchable cited references for more than 200 titles.
- Public Library of Science (PLoS) - free web
(Public Library of Science) PLoS features "peer-reviewed, open access scientific and medical journals that include original research as well as timely feature articles."
- Science & Technology Collection
(EBSCO) Over 800 full-text journals; topics include aeronautics, astrophysics, chemistry, computing, geology, aviation, physics, archaeology.
- Science Online
(AAAS) This full-text, weekly multidisciplinary scientific journal publishes original peer-reviewed research and noteworthy science news (1997 to the present).
- SciTech Premium Collection - New
(ProQuest) Full-text from an international collection of scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, government publications, and more.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Gale Science in Context - New
(Gale) Articles, experiments, videos, and podcasts on the most significant science topics of today. Contains magazine as well as academic journal and news articles.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center
(EBSCO) Features 470 full-text reference books with original photos and illustrations, including detailed instructions for 90,000 repairs on such equipment as chain saws, motorcycles, marine (boats), personal watercraft/jet ski, mowers, string trimmers & blowers, yard & garden tractors
(EBSCO)Citations for articles, reports and more from the USDA National Agricultural Library from 1970 to present. No full text.
- Information Science & Technology Abstracts
(EBSCO) Index of journal articles, books, research reports, conference proceedings and patents in the information sciences. (No full text).
- Academic Video Online: Premium
(Alexander Street Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
Find more ...
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.